I have an 8320 and am having problems browsing with the "Browser" over wi-fi. My wi-fi connection is active, there's a green indicator next to my wi-fi connection...however when I try to visit a site (google, gmail) I get the Tmobile warning that a "subscription required" (under the "my account" tab). Either that, or I get a notice that "a communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider." It will occasionally let me connect to Google.com and do a search, even click a result and connect, but the results are very inconsistent.

other settings:
    data services "on"
    wifi preferred
    default browser configuartiion: hotspot browser
    default wap browser configuration: t-zones (cannot change)
    lowercase "uma" active
    Under "services status," wi-fi network symbol is up, type: 802.11b/g

Any and all help would be appreciated...been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a while now.
    Last edited by listentothis; 07-20-09 at 11:35 PM.
    07-20-09 11:32 PM
    Hey, I just got my blackberry and I am experiencing the same exact problem, I do not have a data plan and just want to use my wireless network fro browsing, did you figure out how to fix it?
    08-07-09 01:10 AM
    Get a data plan. Problem solved.
    08-07-09 01:12 AM
    Uhm, are u using your WAP browswer or the Browser?

T-Mo + T-mo bbs might have an issue with the UMA locking you guys out, but other than that i have no clue
    08-07-09 02:01 AM
    the browser
    08-08-09 01:22 AM
    i got the same problem as well. I thought maybe since the phone was locked by tmobile, wifi would work if it was it was unlocked. its a long shot but, meh. They gladly sent me the code and I'm just waiting on the email. He said it would be about 24 hrs. I'll keep you guys posted.
    08-08-09 02:53 AM
    Unlocking only allows you to use another carrier's sim card. It won't cure the problem you are having.
    08-08-09 08:41 AM
    I have an 8320 and am having problems browsing with the "Browser" over wi-fi. My wi-fi connection is active, there's a green indicator next to my wi-fi connection...however when I try to visit a site (google, gmail) I get the Tmobile warning that a "subscription required" (under the "my account" tab). Either that, or I get a notice that "a communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider." It will occasionally let me connect to Google.com and do a search, even click a result and connect, but the results are very inconsistent.

other settings:
    data services "on"
    wifi preferred
    default browser configuartiion: hotspot browser

default wap browser configuration: t-zones (cannot change)
    lowercase "uma" active
    Under "services status," wi-fi network symbol is up, type: 802.11b/g

Any and all help would be appreciated...been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a while now.
    The lowercase uma indicates you are not able to connect to BIS or use the Internet Browser.

That should not be a problem, with the Hotspot Browser, but the error messages you are getting are consistent with the Internet Browser.

Open you Browser and let it error out. Then press Menu / Options. Verify which version of the Browser is actually active. It should be Hotspot, but I suspect your will be Internet.

One additional setting change to try. Under Connections / Mobile Network Options / Connection Preferences choose Wifi Only.
    08-08-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD