alright so I bought a 8900 from a guy in town and now I come to find out that a its probably stolen. I am worried sickless that if I throw my sim card in it that Rogers will think that I am the one who stole the damn phone.
    I just forked out $300 for this phone, i feel bad for whomever it was stolen from but I dont also want to get jacked the $300.

Is there any way that I can make it so that I can use my sim card without getting in **** from Rogers. I dont want them to think I stole it but like I said obv. I dont want to get dusted $300
    08-25-09 08:18 PM
    How did you find out it was stolen after you bought it??
    I figure when you bought the phone you would throw your sim card in asap, something dosnt add up here. Going by your post your screwed either way, pass the phone along to someone else (which i personally would not) or just put your sim in with a prayer.
    08-25-09 09:08 PM
    man that sucks...do you know the person you got it from or was it just some dude?
    08-25-09 09:18 PM
    I agree. This sounds VERY fishy. How would you know its stolen. It sounds just like a guy that was on here last night. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I think you know its stolen because you stole it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 09:21 PM
    ok didnt explain that correct at all, sorry. I'll be honest, I bought the phone for $300 which i thought was a insane deal and thought whatever maybe its stolen but once i forked out the money and then starting thinknig about it. I got worried that I was going to get in trouble for having it
    08-25-09 09:36 PM
    well i know from my experience i bought my BB 8900 from costco for 159.99 after the mail in rebate and this was like 2 weeks ago, so it wasn't as good of a deal as you might think, but i definitely would be careful and you probably should have had the guy demonstrate that it was his phone with like a phone bill or something.

but if you use it its definitely a possibility you could get in trouble however its your choice because you probably shouldn't have bought it if you were thinking this in the first place. sometimes its too good to be true.
    08-25-09 09:48 PM
    300$ for a used 8900 an insane deal? (Even if its new thats still not that insane) That dosnt sound like it is stolen to me (price wise) usually when someone is selling something stolen they sell it for a crackhead price or price an item to sell. like 100$ for an 8900. Just pop in your sim card and enjoy the phone.
    08-25-09 10:10 PM
    I'd just pop in your SIM card and enjoy the damn phone!
    Consequences only come to those who BELIEVE they've done wrong.

Worst case scenario, Rogers contacts you and hassles you a little. Just play dumb, say you didn't know. Make up a complete sob story and ride it out.

The result of the whole ordeal might be that you don't buy used, probably-stolen phones from shady dudes on the street!

I wish you luck.
    08-25-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD