Sometimes, and more recently than before, my 8900 gets stuck on the "sending data" arrow. The arrow in the upper right pointing up when the BB is sending data, and the arrow pointing down for receiving data.

When it gets stuck on the up arrow, it will sometimes do that for 15 minutes. In that time I'm not able to send, receive any data on any web application, including email. And then it will just fix itself after a few minutes. But when you're chatting, this can get really annoying. The only way to fix it is to turn off my mobile network and turn it back on, or just wait.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem and knows if there's an app or some issue causing it?
    08-28-09 05:37 PM
    what os r u running, clean the memory, clear the log and have u tried a battery pull?
    08-28-09 05:43 PM
    Have you been checking to see if you are closing all your apps??? Alt+Esc... and if it's a new OS you can try to hold down the BB Menu button a couple seconds... there should be 5 app as part of the OS that are there: (Home Screen, Messenger, Browser, Call Log, and Messages)... any others are not being closed properly, unless you know something is running (like I have BerryWeather running in the background, but I know it).
    08-28-09 05:54 PM
    Running 250, memory on mine never dips below 118 mb as I never keep many apps open. The battery pull is N/A because I've definitely rebooted my phone in the past few days, that didn't fix whatever it was causing because it happened before, and it happens again.
    08-28-09 05:55 PM
    Running 250, memory on mine never dips below 118 mb as I never keep many apps open. The battery pull is N/A because I've definitely rebooted my phone in the past few days, that didn't fix whatever it was causing because it happened before, and it happens again.
    i always do a battery pull in the morning, i would recommend it, restart ur phone not always fixes the problem. How many bars do u have when it gets stock? and have u try a different OS and r u using the default theme?
    08-28-09 06:00 PM
    I was using the original 141 OS that this phone came with, but I've had 250 for a very long time now. This is a recent problem so I don't think it has to do with the OS as it would've started cropping up earlier if it was. I usually have good 3-4 bars where I'm sitting. I don't think battery pull is the solution because it seems this happens regardless if I did a recent battery pull or not. I think there may be a problem with the tower that my phone is connecting to, do you think that's a possibility? This only seems to happen when I'm at work.
    08-28-09 06:06 PM
    No reason to say anything more... it looks like you want to ignore my message.... also if you are using the original TMO OS, then it is .114, not .141... there was no .141.
    08-28-09 06:26 PM
    No reason to say anything more... it looks like you want to ignore my message.... also if you are using the original TMO OS, then it is .114, not .141... there was no .141.
    I didn't ignore your message. I have closed all running apps except the ones that obviously are integrated like browser. I do this routinely. It doesn't seem to be the source of the problem. Also, you're right, I meant 114, not 141.
    08-28-09 06:49 PM
    Have you cleared the cache in your browser??? You should do this on a regular basis.

And it would be a good idea to upgrade your OS to .231, but you must be comfortable with your device and the procedure before you start this.
    08-28-09 06:58 PM
    Have you cleared the cache in your browser??? You should do this on a regular basis.

And it would be a good idea to upgrade your OS to .231, but you must be comfortable with your device and the procedure before you start this.
    I have 250..Shouldn't that be just as good, if not better?
    08-28-09 07:01 PM
    I have 250..Shouldn't that be just as good, if not better?
    I'd say yes... but .231 is the Official T-Mobile OS... and since they are so close, and you would not really be able to tell the difference I'd recommend going with T-Mobile's Official 8900 OS... you can get it at T-Mobile's Blackberry Upgrade site.
    08-28-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD