Here's a new variant on a stuck trackball that happened to me three days ago.

My trackball refused to scroll down. It worked just fine for UP, Left and Right but it would not even roll downwards.

It did this twice and I thought that this was the usual crud-under-theball problem. Howver when I removed the trackball assembly, it was still doing even after being washed in hot water. Hmm.

It turned out to be one of the four little black rollers on the side of the trackball that was stuck. The fix was to jam my fingernail in between the tiny roller and the trackball case and force the roller away from the case by a tiny, tiny amount. It fixed the problem and my trackball has been fine ever since.

I have ordered a new one anyhow but I pass this on as I had not seen this particular problem elsewhere.
    03-22-10 03:24 AM
    Always learning something new=)
    03-22-10 03:41 AM
    I wished it could be that easy for a tour to be fix with the track ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 03:47 AM
    Here's a new variant on a stuck trackball that happened to me three days ago.

My trackball refused to scroll down. It worked just fine for UP, Left and Right but it would not even roll downwards.

It did this twice and I thought that this was the usual crud-under-theball problem. Howver when I removed the trackball assembly, it was still doing even after being washed in hot water. Hmm.

It turned out to be one of the four little black rollers on the side of the trackball that was stuck. The fix was to jam my fingernail in between the tiny roller and the trackball case and force the roller away from the case by a tiny, tiny amount. It fixed the problem and my trackball has been fine ever since.

I have ordered a new one anyhow but I pass this on as I had not seen this particular problem elsewhere.

I have the same problem you have, I have cleaned the ball but still it is jammed and will not even move down.

I don't follow how you do the above. Can you explain in more detail please and also was it a 8900 curve you had this problem with?

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'tiny rollers' do i need to open up my 8900 curve in order to do this?

Thanks
    06-10-10 03:46 PM
    I had something like that. It wouldn't move right at all.
    A couple of crazy movements sorted it out, though.
    06-10-10 05:05 PM
    Always learning something new=)
    That's right . . +1
    06-10-10 05:12 PM
    is this for the 8900 curve though??
    06-10-10 05:25 PM
    the ball ****s up on/off
    06-11-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD