so i decided to test the sending my lockation in BBM 5.0 and all **** broke loose

phone reset itself and is now stuck in a never ending loop of the magic spinnign clock.

tried 1 min battery pull, 5 min pull, 10 min pull....tried to start in the safe mode thing, even tried to catch it with DM...and still nothing

i know i read somewhere people having this issue but i cant seem to find the posts anywhere or remember what they did to fix it

any help out there?
    08-11-09 05:21 PM
    im guessing here but wipe it
    08-11-09 08:08 PM
    yea i dl'd crackutil and tried clearing the event log and then resetting the IT policy and it somehow wiped everything

thank god i had a back up @ work from the 1st...im back up and running now

mad i lost the last 10 days of crap because i did alot of dl'ing andsuch but glad to have my baby out of its coma LOL

thanks casper

P.S. just to be safe anyone with BBM 5.0 (the tiny.cc/8900 is what i had) be prepared for a possible melt down when you try and use the location sharing
    08-11-09 09:21 PM
    Lucky you! My Storm did that and I ended up getting replaced. They said they couldn't wipe it because it would not boot to the spot where they could do that. Then I spent the next 2 weeks getting all my apps back. What an ordeal!
    08-11-09 09:36 PM
    Wow! I figure my network isn't strong enough to handle all these apps tracking my location. So I never allow them to do so!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:50 PM
    Wow! I figure my network isn't strong enough to handle all these apps tracking my location. So I never allow them to do so!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the only thing i really use with GPS is telenav and it works pretty damn good...sometimes it can take what seems like forever to relocate you if you take a wrong turn but its really under 1 min lol

other than that i dont really use anything that uses GPS but i wanted to play around with the features on BBM 5.0 since i got a friend to put it on her phone
    08-12-09 06:00 AM
    Use better BBM V4.7 and yes telenav is way better
    08-12-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD