Temps here today were well into the 90's and the company assigned me a van with no a/c. Anyway I plug my 8350i into my car cord and it charges for a few minutes then stops (battery only at about 80%) unplug is and plug it back in and it goes to the clock but when I went to my home screen the battery icon did not show it was charging. I changed car cords with the same results.

Thinking it was the USB port I took it to the repair center and they checked it on 110 volts and both car cords. Everything worked fine. Got back in my van and things were fine for about 10 minutes and the problem was back.

Seeing it was 90+ degrees in my van and the repair center had it nice and cool with the a/c running, I'm starting to think it might be heat related. Any ideas?
    05-26-10 06:40 PM
    could it be a bad 12v source?
    05-26-10 09:05 PM
    Yeah was gonna say the same thing, I used to work in the car biz and was always in a different cars and always had problems with my charger working keeping the connection to the power. My best guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 12:03 AM
    Well I charged my company issued 365i and also tried my company Motorola two-way radio in the same socket with no problem.
    05-27-10 04:35 AM
    I had this same issue. its a problem with the usb port on your phone. There are a few ways to correct it. You can try wiggling the charger until it finally stays connected,I have spent up to an hour trying to get my phone to charger. Also this can potentially chip the port in your phone. You can replace the usb port. Not sure what the cost is. My last suggestion is get a charging dock.

05-27-10 08:09 AM
    crump84 - Thanks for the insight on the USB port. I've gone thru 3 or 4 units because of that and that's what I thought at first. After seeing both my car cords and also a 110 volt charger work inside the store where it was cooler and then have the problem start all over again once the unit was in my van where it was close to if not over 100 degrees it led me to think it was heat related.

This morning the temps are in the high 50's and I used the same set up as yesterday in the van and had no problems. Save vehicle, same power socket, same car cord.

Mike
    05-27-10 09:20 AM
    My 8350i is really picky about what charger I use. I had a generic charger and it wouldn't work on the phone but worked on everything else. I bet you $1 that if you're using some cheap generic usb charger and not a 'Motorola' or 'Blackberry' one that it's the issue, when the service center checked your phone out did they use YOUR chargers or theirs?
    05-27-10 11:55 AM
    I stood right there and watched her test with both my sprint ans igo car cords. They used their 110 volt charger.

Like I said now that the temp in my van has dropped below hotter then he77 things are fine.

Mikey

05-27-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD