On my screen there is a blue phone, a red or green x on the right side of the phone, and then a number. When I miss a call a yellow phone shows up next to the blue one and dissapears when I delete the notice in my messages, but the blue phone stays with the number increased and a red x. The red light flashes until I pull my battery, when I turn my phone back on the x is green and the light no longer flashes. I have tried everything to figure out what this is, it doesn't even show up in the manual that came with the phone. Also, when I delete all of my messages, it will still show on my home screen that they are there. We called sprint about the issue and of course they have no clue and just want me to bring my phone in the a store and have them check it out, but I have a seven month old daughter, I work full time and I'm about to move next week so I DON'T HAVE TIME... Has anyone else had these problems? What's up with my phone and how do I fix this? I'm annoyed because I just upgraded to the 8530 from a 83xx and I never had any problems with my old phone, I just had it for almost two years and it was time to get a new one. HELP!
    05-19-10 11:50 AM
    I only read the first half of your post because it was too much.. But this sounds like ur connected to bluetooth..go to manage connections and turn it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 12:13 PM
    I only read the first half of your post because it was too much.. But this sounds like ur connected to bluetooth..go to manage connections and turn it off. Or it may be just bluetooth related

05-19-10 12:13 PM
    Download CaptureIt and take assign it to a side function key and upload the screen shot to this post...that way we'll know wut ur talkin about...right now it's blind leading blind. (no offense)
    05-19-10 12:26 PM
    Download CaptureIt and take assign it to a side function key and upload the screen shot to this post...that way we'll know wut ur talkin about...right now it's blind leading blind. (no offense)
    No offence taken at all, if anything I'm offended by the first response because... um, why respond if you only read the first half, I know what bluetooth looks like and it is not a blue phone with numbers next to it... LAME!
    Anyway, I had no idea how to get a pic of my phone otherwise I would have put that in the beginning.
    05-19-10 02:42 PM
    Sorry for tryin to help..I went back and read the second half and I'm glad I did cuz it helped me to hear about how your moving and blah..

05-19-10 02:57 PM
    Seriously, why waste your time responding if you feel you have wasted time reading this in the first place? I wasn't telling my life story, I was explaining why I'm having to risk dealing with moronic people like yourself instead of going to professionals. Go leave your rude comments somewhere else.
    05-19-10 03:04 PM
    I'm new to the blackberry, I was offerin up what I thought was a pretty educated guess..your talkin about a phone in the corner and an x that is similiar to the one in "manage connections" I don't use bluetooth so I have never seen it on or off..while u were talkin bout ur messages I was tryin to offer up a new opinion because I don't think a phone icon relates to any sms or email..my first comment sayin that I didn't read the second half I actually left out the part about u ramblin on about your life story..I was nice about it at first

05-19-10 03:24 PM
    No offense, and I'm sorry if my response to you seemed rude, but if you are new to blackberry I don't think you should be giving advice to someone that has had a blackberry for two years with a new unfamiliar issue. Also, if you have never used a bluetooth and don't know what the symbol looks like you should not give advice on that either as though that is the answer to the problem. And regarding "my life story", it's a line and a half out of the whole paragraph explaining my problem and, again, why I chose to put my question on this forum rather than get it looked at, get over it and move on.
    05-19-10 04:34 PM
    OC...Chill...u dont feel like helping...get off the forums..period. noone needs to read u sayin stuff like that and dissing someone just cuz u didn't feel like reading their issue throughly.

Cali...im still tryin to figure out what the **** that is lol...o cute kid by the way
    05-19-10 04:57 PM
    Thanks Kevin for checking into this for me... and thanks for the comment about my daughter... lucky for me she popped out that way! :P
    05-19-10 05:00 PM
    Hey, BBM me real fast my pin is ^
    05-19-10 05:03 PM
    It looks like visual voice mail to me, do you have that installed?
    05-19-10 05:22 PM
    thats not visual voice mail...i just called myself and vv goes straight to ur inbox as a message
    05-19-10 05:36 PM
    When i have a msg via VVM i have an icon, maybe it depends on carriers
    05-19-10 05:42 PM
    also if you have time, can you list your 3rd party apps?
    05-19-10 06:11 PM
    I have actually answered a few questions in the last week. I took a crack at your question to help..everybody is focusing on the fact that I didn't readthe unimportant part..I may be new to blackberry but I've been on the forums for a few weeks and my ex had one that I played with.. The stupidest part of all this is that if somebody just said " that's not bluetooth" this wouldn't be a problem..sorry if I offended u but I was just trying to take a crack at it..sometimes people think too hard and that just sounds like somethink that may habe been over thunk

05-19-10 06:13 PM
    @HFD...that's the missed call icon...Her message icon is the same as yours so the missed call should be as well...

@Cali...do you have skype downloaded??
    05-19-10 06:24 PM
    Ah ha you're right, my bad...other than skype i can't think of what it could be
    05-19-10 06:25 PM
    @ Kevin, sorry I was just now able to get back on here... No I don't have skype. Did you still want me to BBM you?

I just completely wiped my phone, except for my apps, per the suggestion of one of my friends who works in tech. Now I have to restore everything and see what happens. Thanks for all the help in trying to figure out what is going on!
    05-20-10 01:26 PM
    @ Kevin, sorry I was just now able to get back on here... No I don't have skype. Did you still want me to BBM you?

I just completely wiped my phone, except for my apps, per the suggestion of one of my friends who works in tech. Now I have to restore everything and see what happens. Thanks for all the help in trying to figure out what is going on!
    If you want to you can BBM me, so i can answer questions if i know the answers to them
    05-20-10 01:48 PM
    you mean for in the future... yea that would be great... so I don't have to deal with the drama that comes with forums sometimes!
    05-20-10 01:52 PM
    Ok, after wiping everything and restoring, it came back the same. So I used the advanced option and basically deleted all messages I could find from the database list because I had originally deleted them from the phone by hand anyway but they still showed up. The blue phone with the #12 is still on the screen though. I have a feeling that it has something to do with my voicemail. I had not had time to set it up since I got the new phone a couple weeks ago, since I set it up two days ago the number has not gone up when I miss a call and the "x" has stayed green. I have checked my vm a dozen times and nothing new is there. I have also set up "youmail" previous to all of this. I don't see anything in the device database list that has exactly 12 records... I must be OCD since I can not give this up and just ignore the little blue phone on my screen. What to do... ???
    05-20-10 02:24 PM
    I guess it's time to take that screenshot to the General Discussion forums and see if users with other devices than the 8500s have ever seen that.

But the idea of listing the apps you have installed is actually very good. That way we could at least try to identify what app is giving you the notification.
    05-20-10 02:32 PM
    Here is my app list:

com_plazmic_theme_drew16
    beweather free
    documents to go
    dictionary and thesaurus- dictionary com
    bejeweled
    christmas pool
    google maps
    pocket express
    blackandpurple5.00ta
    hullomail better visial voicemail
    ka-glom-free
    klondike
    sudoku
    texas hold'em king 2
    shopper
    sprint tv
    bubblepopper
    twitterberry
    pandora
    yahoo! messenger
    blackberry app world
    facebook
    flickr
    quickpull free
    captureit
    sprint navigation
    the weather channel
    com_plazmic_theme_dimension2_5
    com_plazmic_theme_purple_flame
    vlingo-voice app
    baby GO!

Since someone had mentioned something about vvm, I am deleting hullomail to see what happens...
    05-20-10 02:50 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD