My fiance bought me a blackberry curve off of craigslist on Monday. He wiped it clean but I'm still receiving email to my message folder that was the previous owner's. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    10-23-08 09:42 AM
    Call the previous owner, and ask them to call their SP and ask them to release the pin. Otherwise you will not be able to activate BIS on the phone, which will prevent you from adding your own email addresses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 09:44 AM
    Yes they have to release the PIN for you to stop getting those emails. The only other way is to go into email set up and delete the email account but you can't do that without the their login information.
    10-23-08 09:50 AM
    We called him and he had got it from someone else, so we have no idea who the original owner is. This is what I get from getting it from craigslist!
    10-23-08 11:00 AM
    You might try calling your service provider and letting them know you own the phone now.
    10-23-08 11:05 AM
    We called him and he had got it from someone else, so we have no idea who the original owner is. This is what I get from getting it from craigslist!
    If you are getting emails for the oringinal owner check to see what his email address is, just look at one of the incoming emails or check in the service books list. If its not an @xxx.blackberry.net address send him an email
    10-23-08 11:22 AM
    If you are getting emails for the oringinal owner check to see what his email address is, just look at one of the incoming emails or check in the service books list. If its not an @xxx.blackberry.net address send him an email

I was JUST going to suggest this... email him LOL
    10-23-08 11:25 AM
    Call your service provider and threaten to cancel your service if they don't release the PIN. They typically get the point after that.

10-23-08 12:52 PM
    That got it from a guy...

that never released his info....

Hmmmmmm, maybe the original guy would REALLY LIKE to get an email from you...

I hope that is not the case, but you never know.

Michael
    10-23-08 02:49 PM
    Sounds like a stolen BB to me... lol
    10-23-08 03:19 PM
    Sounds like a stolen BB to me... lol
    Same here it sounds like its stolen and linked to a BES, might be BIS tho. If its BES just give it a day, it will be locked(if the IT department is smart). Call the phone provider to see if its stolen.
    10-23-08 03:22 PM
    Well I got the problem resolved and all I did was call my service provider and told them what had happened. They released the PIN and we got it taken care of. I guess since the girl had used craigslist before and kind of understood the situation... and plus I've been a loyal customer for 12 years nows
    10-23-08 05:43 PM
    all you do is call in to your service provider then say you got the phone from work and tell them that your getting someone elses emails on there from the previous person they will release that for you or should thats what happens in most tech support places for bb's
    Last edited by Pillsbury187; 10-23-08 at 08:21 PM.
    10-23-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD