Hey Guys!

I've been having a problem with my girlfriend's 8330m. Both of us have had 8330's for a little over a month. About 2 weeks ago, her phone started rebooting once a day. After reading alot of threads here, here's what I've done so far:

OS was .131, upgraded to .169

Removed, backed up and re-formatted her 4 gig sd card.

installed quickpull and scheduled it to do a reboot daily in the middle of the night when not in use.

It still reboots!

The next two things I just did so I don't know yet if this made a difference. I read on here that sometimes 3rd party apps might not play nice so I deleted Pandora and Viigo also. She also runs her phone with Bluetooth on all of the time, even though she only uses it in the car, so I told her to try turning the BT off when she's not using it during the day.

Any other suggestions before I call Sprint?

Thanks!
    10-13-09 08:23 PM
    Only thing left is hardware. Either a loose/bad contact between the battery and phone, or a bad battery.

Either way, your GF might be better off with a new phone.
    10-13-09 08:26 PM
    remove the card and try it out for a while. If it stops you know it is the card or something on it...
    10-13-09 08:37 PM
    thanks guys. I was just thinking about the card. Even though I reformatted it....maybe the phone just doesn't like it.

Something else....she uses a non-oem home charger...could that be messing up the battery?
    10-13-09 08:46 PM
    Possibly, what is the voltage and amperage of the charger's output?

Should be 5V DC, and no more than 800 or so milliamps output.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 08:57 PM
    can't say about the output....is there an easy way to check?
    10-13-09 09:04 PM
    If the battery shows charged it is probably okay.... if the device is a month old I would take it back and exchange it.
    10-13-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD