I'm returning my 8330 on Thursday for a replacement. what do i need to bring and what should i do to the phone? Wipe it?

Should i just bring the phone or bring the phone and all the contents and the box?

And i had 4.5.0.131 and i downgraded to Telus's 4.5.0.77 just to make sure i don't void the warranty. but can they see i used to have .131?

Thanks

1992Curve
    02-07-09 09:11 PM
    If you are bringing it there for replacement just the phone is good. You will just get what you give them. As for wiping, I wouldn't until they transfer your information.

They shouldn't know you had .131 unless you state that. Make sure .77 is the official release from telus and your good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:15 PM
    so do the replacements come with battery and battery door? and do i need my receipt?
    02-07-09 09:57 PM
    My replacement did not come with a battery, but a new battery door yes it did. And as far as the receipt it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it onhand. But if you bought the phone with them they should be able to pullall that info up.
    02-07-09 10:00 PM
    Generally they just replace the handset, battery/battery door are not a part of the handset.

02-07-09 10:00 PM
    You won't need a receipt, altho it makes it easier if they ask when you bought it.

Usually you get a refurb phone and battery door, and keep the same battery(unless they think that is the cause of some of the issues)

02-07-09 10:01 PM
    telus has no battery door or battery you dont even need a receipt they just give you a refurb phone and if you want to transfer any of your info it costs money at telus so do a backup at home and then wipe it
    02-07-09 10:35 PM
    damn good thing i ordered a Seidio Rubber door. cause mine is all scratched.

i find it stupid how they give out refurbs though.

Also i was taking the tape off my LED under my trackball and noticed the sticker close to the screen was RED!!!!!!!! did i void my warranty?!
    02-07-09 11:04 PM
    If its a moisture detection sticker, more than likely yes.

02-08-09 02:47 AM
    Could you post a picture of this sticker, or better describe its location to us?

02-08-09 04:20 AM
    I was under the impression that the detection sticker located under the battery. That's where its been on every phone I've ever had.

02-08-09 04:49 AM
    There are several moisture stickers at various locations throughout the housing.

02-08-09 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD