Seems like the upgrade is bitter sweet. Some have problems, some don't. I think I'll be among the FEW people to just wait for an official update. I might be tempted enough to upgrade a little later though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I will be waiting for the official update too. Lol. I'm too chicken to try it out. Tempted but too chicken.

01-13-09 10:55 PM
    You don't have an about screen because you didn't install voice activated dialing. It has nothing to do with the os version.

I use voice dialing all the time, it does come with this version right, is it just something he deleted?
    01-13-09 10:55 PM
    i cannot find docs2go???

am i missing something?
    01-13-09 11:00 PM
    On the device or app loader. if you couldn't find it on the device, you have to choose to install it. it's not automatic.

Also this is for the 8330 not the 8830 which is in your profile.
    01-13-09 11:05 PM
    Seems like the upgrade is bitter sweet. Some have problems, some don't. I think I'll be among the FEW people to just wait for an official update. I might be tempted enough to upgrade a little later though.

People are having problems because of operator error. There's nothing wrong with the OS. It was tested rather vigerously. The load operation was something that I made a point to test as well. Out of the first five people who installed it, only one person had trouble and that was due to operator error.
    01-13-09 11:55 PM
    Installed in 30 minutes. Everythings is running smoothly, but I lost Excel on Doc2go. How to I re-install Excel?? I only have Word & SlideShow.
    01-14-09 12:00 AM
    The only problem I experienced was that dm 4.6 wouldn't recognize my device after I wiped it with jl cmdr. I installed dm 4.7 and it worked fine after that. I haven't experienced any bugs yet.
    01-14-09 12:01 AM
    open word to go or one of the others, menu->check for updates. i had to upgrade it again too for some reason.
    01-14-09 12:02 AM
    Just upgraded!! I had the previous 4.5.0.89 From Alltel.. I've had this phone for less than a week and have already changed my OS twice.. If I can do it as a newb..I think anyone that can follow the simple directions laid out below shouldn't have any issues..

For install instruction to load any carrier 8330 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps.
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    01-14-09 12:03 AM
    I use voice dialing all the time, it does come with this version right, is it just something he deleted?
    It does come with this version, but many choose to delete it because they never use it and would otherwise waste memory sitting there. The only downside to removing it is that the About screen doesn't work afterwards because one of the screens is the VoiceSignal About screen.
    01-14-09 12:17 AM
    I just updated to .89 the other day. Could anyone tell me if they updated to this new version from .89 and if so, are there any differences really?
    Last edited by morphixxp; 01-14-09 at 12:45 AM.
    01-14-09 12:43 AM
    I just updated to .89 the other day. Could anyone tell me if they updated to this new version from .89 and if so, are there any differences really?
    I upgraded to .119 from .89 and I've noticed a big improvement. My Curve is way more responsive, default browser is zippier, pics and thumnails load faster, there's no lags and the bugs are gone (speakerblast, freezing, hourglass...etc.).
    01-14-09 12:54 AM
    Thank you so much 1 2 MaNy =) I'm gonna start the upgrade now.
    01-14-09 12:57 AM
    I upgraded to .119 from .89 and I've noticed a big improvement. My Curve is way more responsive, default browser is zippier, pics and thumnails load faster, there's no lags and the bugs are gone (speakerblast, freezing, hourglass...etc.).
    It's always that way after an OS upgrade or reboot. The real test is after a day or two of normal use. It's always going to feel zippier until the memory gets fragmented which happens with normal use.
    01-14-09 12:59 AM
    What is so great about this upgrade ? screen shoots of before & after please. Dose this change the look of the OS ?
    01-14-09 01:01 AM
    Install was a success. Runs freaking smooth! But one problem.... My browser icon is gone?? WTF!!!
    01-14-09 01:17 AM
    Install was a success. Runs freaking smooth! But one problem.... My browser icon is gone?? WTF!!!
    That sometimes happens if for some reason your data services aren't working. Same thing happened to me one of the many times I reinstalled an OS. Just tell it to provision, send the services books, re register the Host routing table, and do a battery pull. ten bucks says something in that list fixed the problem.
    01-14-09 01:36 AM
    Does this new OS upgrade fix the youtube.com video viewing error ? "The media being played is of an unsupported format"

When will this OS be ready for release date ?
    01-14-09 01:40 AM
    Wireless upgrade! Check this out only availble on 4.5.0.119

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...60#post1409960

01-14-09 01:45 AM
    been there on 4.5 betas and old 4.5 for other carriers
    01-14-09 01:50 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the installer for .119 isn't digitally signed?

I distinctly recall other beta installers (.97) being digitally signed by RIM...only thing preventing me from jumping on this.
    01-14-09 02:53 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the installer for .119 isn't digitally signed?

I distinctly recall other beta installers (.97) being digitally signed by RIM...only thing preventing me from jumping on this.
    It may be because it's not a beta. It also may be because the original leak had to remove to remain annonymous maybe?

01-14-09 03:53 AM
    request stickie be change to this one and drop the .89 one.
    01-14-09 07:16 AM
    I was wondering why this wasn't stickied. Hopefully a mod can change it.
    01-14-09 07:20 AM
    Ya gotta give them time to wake up and change it....
    01-14-09 07:23 AM
545 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD