08-15-09 12:35 PM
545 ... 202122
tools
    I think those noticing lower battery life may see it normalize after some time with it being installed. When I installed .98 on mine there was a noticeable less time between chargings but then after a couple weeks maybe a month at most I noticed an increase in life. I think I had almost the same thing on this version too but not certain on it because the building I work in now I don't get as good of a signal. So it is hard to say what's what but I get fairly close to the same times between charges. Depending on how heavy is use mine I get about 2 to 3 days between charges. Last time I talked for a long time on a call it appears I can still talk for the 4.5 hours of talk time it is spec'd for.

A bug came up today and occured on all the other builds I tried, and that is sooner or later BBmessenger continuously acts as if you have switched to a new device and you either have to bother you contacts every time you use it to confirm you as a contact or lose all your BBM contacts. No matter what you choose the problem persists. So I guess I will still have to not bother using it and just PIN back and forth with people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:13 AM
    Just wanted to give my 2 cents about this OS, it sucks. I could not stay in EVDO in an area where I could before. The battery drained faster, I had a major memory leak, and the internet ran ALOT slower. Going back to .89 as we speak.
    No, it doesn't suck. I'm willing to bet $ that you didn't install it properly.
    01-27-09 10:08 AM
    She shouldn't have lost her camera pictures if they were stored on the memory card.... The memory card data shouldn't be affected when you're flashing on a new O/S to the phone. I've never pulled mine while doing an O/S, and all my pictures remained....

Yes and no... Its definitely common sense to store pics on external memory, but I've wiped part of my SD card while updating before. Its definitely a good idea to remove it before installing your new OS.
    01-27-09 10:13 AM
    Many, have you heard anything about .131?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 10:15 AM
    Just updated it on my Verizon 8330 with out deleting the vendor file with no problems at all, haven’t seen any real improvements.
    01-27-09 10:49 AM
    I noticed my battery life has improved after a couple of weeks... don't know if it's must my imagination but I'm only charging once a night, now. When I first dl OS .119 I was charging my BB twice a day but overall I'm pleased!
    01-27-09 10:58 AM
    My battery usage is so good with this OS that I have gone back to using Jivetalk, which seemed to drain the battery in hours before. Only I do notice is I am roaming at home now where before I was not. Definitely running faster in all areas! It is a keeper.
    01-27-09 01:00 PM
    Brilliant OS that makes me love my Curve even more!
    01-27-09 05:36 PM
    I also have installed this new 4.5 on my Sprint 8330. Everything seems to run much faster, however, I do have one huge issue. On Sprint's 4.3, I was able to force my phone into roaming. On this update, the ability to force the phone to ROAM only has been removed. Any idea how to add this? The ability to force my phone into roaming is vital.

Thanks!
    01-27-09 06:57 PM
    so.....

i'm gonna update in a couple hours.

i've NEVER done this before and i'm kinda scared haha.

i dont even have the desktop software loaded on my XP partition (mac here, not like it matters though) and again, i have never done this before and i'm kinda scared. this is my first BB phone coming from a series of less than par WM phones.

does the update run ON TOP of the current OS? meaning does it just update with everything left on the phone? or does it do a clean restore.

can anyone help me?
    01-28-09 07:19 PM
    Edit: Wrong thread
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-29-09 at 12:39 AM.
    01-28-09 07:33 PM
    ok so i updated...

but i dont have the e-mail html setting.....
    01-28-09 08:55 PM
    anyone else having a problem with their headsets?

when i was on 4.3, i didnt have to manually activate my headset...

now on 4.5 i have to activate my headset instead of it automatically working.
    02-02-09 12:06 AM
    Still have the speaker blast and some ppl complain about a weird noise when my phone rings. I dunno if anyone else noticed and I'm not sure if its normal but when I go into the phonebook and select a person to call and press send it goes to the call list and when I use the escape button I see the popup "which number" and I select the number. Is that normal? I never got with with my 8830.
    02-02-09 12:27 AM
    Jason.....
    03-07-09 03:32 PM
    isssss thee
    03-07-09 03:33 PM
    bestttttttt!!!
    03-07-09 03:42 PM
    who has the link to the official sprint 4.5 os ?
    06-04-09 03:45 AM
    who has the link to the official sprint 4.5 os ?
    Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330
    06-04-09 05:25 AM
    Hmmmmm......

No problem 12UFC. Lol
    maybe it was ME that had 1 2 many!!!!
    08-15-09 12:35 PM
545 ... 202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD