08-15-09 12:35 PM
545 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    So like alot of us have said, no problems with the upgrade. It takes about 30-40 minutes to upgrade but DM picks up the new update like a champ. Follow the steps and everything falls into place..

I noticed a bit more responsive, I didn't have to backup 3rd party apps, I just had to register email and password for Facebook, telenav, some games ect....

I am still noticing memory leaks, I am leaning towards "i-berry icon theme" I'm running. It was my first 3rd party bought when I noticed the leaks. Anyone have insight on memory leaks caused by applications??

Please help....
    01-21-09 08:02 PM
    I just encountered an interesting BB messenger problem after the .119 upgrade. When I add a contact to BBM, it sends an invitation to the intended email address and changes the contact information from the person I invited to my contact info. How strange is that? It sends the invitation to me as well and displays my contact info. But, I think it also sends an email ti the intended recipient and when they respond to the invitation, their contact info shows in my BBM with their cell number along with my email address. Really very strange.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks everyone

Don't know yet what I'm going to do to correct the problem since it did not self correct after the infamous battery pull. If anyone has experienced this or a similar issue with BBM, it would be great to know your approach to a fixm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:49 PM
    Anyone notice a significant drop in battery life? I was full @ 5am used my berry minimally and by 2pm was at 10%...all of my settings are the same as before the upgrade and my theme isn't animated or anything. Any ideas?

01-22-09 01:33 AM
    I thought it was me, but my battery life was much shorter too. Thought perhaps I was just using it more, but then I didn't use it much at all for the entire week I had this version installed. It was also a bit slower than 4.5.0.89 for me. I also could not access "About" under Options. Downgraded tonight.
    01-22-09 01:37 AM
    I installed last night, and today I noticed that my calendar has duplicate recurring entries, but a day later. For example, I have a calendar entry for all my bills, pay day, etc. Well, today is pay day so it's in my calendar as a 1 day event. However it's also on tomorrow as a 1 day event. And like I said, this is happening with all of my recurring events. They are there where they're supposed to be, but they're also repeated on the following day. How can I fix this without deleting and redoing all of them?? Anyone else noticed this issue? FYI, I just noticed if you enter a new recurring event it does NOT copy it to the next day. Must be a glitch in the update process?
    Last edited by shady360; 01-22-09 at 08:48 AM.
    01-22-09 08:38 AM
    I installed it a week ago and have none of the issues posted. I'm so pleased with the new OS--- but thing I have NO SPEAKER BLAST!
    01-22-09 12:30 PM
    can someone pm me the newest os for the verizon 8330? and maybe help me out with the install? if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it! i'm scared to do this lol, and a guiding hand would be great!
    01-22-09 12:35 PM
    Anyone who has upgraded to this OS and has done it on Verizon, i am curious to know if mp4 converted from DVD's are playable?
    When i had 4.3 i could convert dvd's to mp4 and watch them with no problems, now on 4.5 it seems that there is a codec missing because i first have to convert the dvd to an avi file then convert it to mp4.
    01-22-09 01:42 PM
    I have the 8330 curve. I just upgraded to this from 4.3 to this and i am having troubles playin youtube videos on my phone. its jus saying format not supported. I was wondering is anyone else having this problem.
    01-22-09 07:24 PM
    When I upgraded, I was getting kicked off BIS periodically and getting weaker Sprint signal. Not really sure what was going on, but when I downgraded back to 4.3, my signal strength returned back to normal, and I never got kicked off BIS.
    01-22-09 07:26 PM
    Has anyone noticed a memory leak since updating to this OS?
    I haven't installed anything new or deleted anything since installing but I've noticed a drop since then.
    I delete my messages and browser regularly but I've noticed this has started within the last couple of days.
    Or is it just me? =/
    01-22-09 08:01 PM
    Is it possible that some of the memory leak could be caused due to playing with it more than usual? Not looking to be flamed I just thought I would throw it out their.

Of course for me being a couple weeks into my 1st bb it's my cause.
    01-22-09 08:08 PM
    I loaded 4.5(Alltel) on my sprint 8330 a few weeks ago and i lost some apps and had some issues. this one is for Sprint, right?
    01-22-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks the info. I upgraded my Sprint Curve from v4.3 to v4.5. It works fine.
    01-22-09 08:37 PM
    This is really the Offical Sprint Release?
    01-22-09 08:50 PM
    I am new the the BB world... being a Palm user since the first 112K Palm.. I wasn't happy with the BB initially because I loaded up my 8330 with apps and it has been less than responsive. I read all 31 pages of your comments and work-throughs and finally decided to perform the upgrade. Went through without a hitch... then I started using my device and didn't notice much dif... then I went into the Media but backed out.... now my Curve really slowed down. I was cussin' somin' fierce!!! But then went back into the Media player and figured out the Media was rescanning my external card with 6.3 GB of Music on it.

When it finished, voila... response was so much better than before!!!! And i mean SOOOOO much better!!!

Thanks guys for all of your sharing of experiences and expertise. Maybe one day after i have pushed this device a bit, I will become a complete BB convert. (now if i can find a theme i like (for free) i will be in good shape; the i-phone icons seem to have a leak)
    01-22-09 08:52 PM
    I installed last night, and today I noticed that my calendar has duplicate recurring entries, but a day later. For example, I have a calendar entry for all my bills, pay day, etc. Well, today is pay day so it's in my calendar as a 1 day event. However it's also on tomorrow as a 1 day event. And like I said, this is happening with all of my recurring events. They are there where they're supposed to be, but they're also repeated on the following day. How can I fix this without deleting and redoing all of them?? Anyone else noticed this issue? FYI, I just noticed if you enter a new recurring event it does NOT copy it to the next day. Must be a glitch in the update process?
    I had the same issues. You can correct that with desktop manager. Just overwrite your existing blackberry calender with the saved version from the backup created during OS install.
    01-22-09 09:10 PM
    Any Word when sprint will offically release/push this? Im really looking forward to the MMS
    01-23-09 07:05 AM
    Ok, so all my BB ringtones are gone. How did I manage to do that?

01-23-09 07:30 AM
    Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

Package Version: 4.5.0.178
    Applications: 4.5.0.119
    Software Platform: 3.2.0.55
    File size: 79.55MB

Download here: Download 8330uAMEA PBr4 5 0 rel178 PL3 2 0 55 A4 5 0 119 zip for free at Uploading.com

*This is not a beta, but it is a pre-release so install it at your own risk. Also, do not install this on any other device other than the 8330*

Proper upgrade/downgrade procedures can be found here: Blackberry 101 and here: Proper upgrade/downgrade procedure
    If you do so happen to brick your Curve then go here: How to recover a nuked berry

*Note: You don't need to delete the Vendor XML file unless your with a different provider than Sprint.

Enjoy!
    So if I were to download the ATT firmware onto my verizon BB all I need to do is delete the vendor.xml file??

01-23-09 07:41 AM
    Ok, so all my BB ringtones are gone. How did I manage to do that?

I think all the 4.5 versions of the OS gets rid of these. Don't quote me on that but I think I heard that somewhere.

BTW, just upgraded my VZW 8330 and have had no problems yet. If I run into some, I'll let you guys know.
    01-23-09 07:42 AM
    So if I were to download the ATT firmware onto my verizon BB all I need to do is delete the vendor.xml file??

Yessir. Located at...

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    01-23-09 07:44 AM
    Is there any firmware more recent than 4.5.0.77? That I can put on my BB 8330?

01-23-09 07:47 AM
    Dude thanks a lot! I have sprint. Anyone with sprint noticin any differences than .89???

01-23-09 08:22 AM
    I think all the 4.5 versions of the OS gets rid of these. Don't quote me on that but I think I heard that somewhere.

BTW, just upgraded my VZW 8330 and have had no problems yet. If I run into some, I'll let you guys know.
    My ringtones are still there. I installed this last night on my VZW 8330. FIrst time i have done an upgrade but it went smoothly. I got a little confused because Dm said it found 4.5 software, so I backed out of the install, deleted the previous OS from my laptop, ran the OS install again and connected my berry to DM. It found the update again, still said 4.5 (i was concerned because it didn't list the actual version number). I went ahead and installed figuring I had a back up if needed. When it was all done, about 1/2 hour, the new version was installed.

I have noticed the browser seems much quicker. And BBM seems to be sending a bit quicker as well. Haven't played with much else. Only issue was my today theme was not displaying my calendar items. I just switched themes, then switched back to the one I wanted and everything was there.
    01-23-09 08:29 AM
545 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD