My signal has never been better since moving up to .119
    01-20-09 08:35 AM
    Alright, I'm noticing that I'm in "1X" much more often now, weaker signal strength from upgrading to this 4.5 pre-release. Sometimes I even get booted off the BIS and shows as "1x" and very rarely as "1xev" most of the time I'm in "1XEV" but more often I'm seeing that I'm in "1X."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I experienced the same when I first upgraded the OS suddenly I had no EVDO connection which sent any calls during data transfers to voicemail. I then downgraded and called sprint to see what was wrong they put me through a bunch of tests and they couldn't figure it out and they eventually told me that I probably needed a replacement phone. Eventually a day or so later EVDO started working good so no more problems. So I guess either call sprint or give it some time...that worked for me.

01-20-09 08:43 AM
    today seems to be a bit better, so maybe it is the network.
    01-20-09 08:49 AM
    today seems to be a bit better, so maybe it is the network.
    its the NOW network
    01-20-09 08:53 AM
    "its the NOW network "
    At least it is today
    01-20-09 09:11 AM
    Strange.. I'm roaming in spots I shouldn't be roaming in. I normally have at least 2 bars of EVDO. I'm roaming into Verizons 1X right now..

01-20-09 11:13 AM
    I did the upgrade last night.
    Did not have to delete the vendor file, as I'm with sprint.
    Did not wipe my berry prior to upgrading.

The only trouble I had was with my email's enterprise activation (I got the password in advance from IT,) but I stopped it and re-started and all was fine.
    Working great today.
    It's faster, and I'm liking the html mail.

I noticed the addition of an icon called MDS control center...what is this?
    01-20-09 11:52 AM
    I just upgraded. No problems whatsoever. Thank to everyone who posted. The advice and comments were priceless.
    01-20-09 12:00 PM
    Just got done upgrading and it went very smooth, no issues.

Thanks,
    01-20-09 04:19 PM
    First off, thanks for the awesome download 1 2 many. I upgraded today and everything seems to work fine. I did notice that I don't have the option to Force Roaming anymore. Does anyone know if there is a fix for that? Thanks
    01-20-09 09:27 PM
    My signal has never been better since moving up to .119
    for some reason, same here
    01-20-09 09:33 PM
    I appreciate all the comments, as Im sure alot of peolpe do. Specially for an OS upgrade.... I hate to read all the issues that happen to all, then again its good to know how to fix them if they were to happen to me. Downloading and upgrading tonight, talk to you guys tomorrow....
    01-20-09 10:05 PM
    Ok, so I just got my 8330 Curve from Sprint a few days ago...I just updated the device manager to the latest one (4.7). I downloaded the newest OS and tried to install it...the autoinstaller seemed like it worked fine, until I opened up my Desktop Manager. For some reason it was not recognizing that the newest OS had installed, and all it was showing was the current version that my phone is running (4.3.0.127)...I even tried what someone suggested earlier which was to go offline and try it, no dice.

Please help?
    01-20-09 11:17 PM
    Ok so I downloaded the new OS and it seems to go in to a zip file and it wont let me unzip it this is my first time trying this whle new os thing.. please help
    also when i do get it to un zip i have the desktop manager and all that stuff.
    01-21-09 12:00 AM
    ajgator7.... I as well as others had troubles with using DM 4.7. I ended up using 4.5 & I finally got it installed.
    01-21-09 12:04 AM
    I don't think I ever had an option to force roaming. Not sure if there is a solution for it. Regarding desktop software version, you should be able to use any version. If it doesn't work with one try and older one. I used dektop 4.3 and 4.5 to do all my OS updates. To extract the exe from the zip file you can download an app such as winzip or winrar however if you have XP or vista the ability to access and extract from zip files is built in.

01-21-09 09:43 AM
    I am installing it right now.
    01-21-09 10:11 AM
    update: just got my first speaker blast.
    Wow...let me pick up my eardrum and put it back together.
    does anyone know if this can be heard on both sides of the conversation or just on the blackberry end?
    the person calling me was talking to someone next to him, while waiting for me to answer...so he didn't hear anything.
    01-21-09 11:20 AM
    update: just got my first speaker blast.
    Wow...let me pick up my eardrum and put it back together.
    does anyone know if this can be heard on both sides of the conversation or just on the blackberry end?
    the person calling me was talking to someone next to him, while waiting for me to answer...so he didn't hear anything.
    I am still using 4.3 by sprint and was wondering does the speaker blast happen on everycall or just now and again? My next question is has everyone that has upgraded had the speaker blast or is it random from phone to phone?
    01-21-09 11:27 AM
    ajgator7.... I as well as others had troubles with using DM 4.7. I ended up using 4.5 & I finally got it installed.
    Same for me.
    01-21-09 12:36 PM
    Installed, no issues, very snappy so far!
    01-21-09 01:13 PM
    How do you delete the Vendor file for a verizon user?
    01-21-09 02:04 PM
    How do you delete the Vendor file for a verizon user?
    My Computer - C:/ - Program Files - Common Files - Research in Motion - AppLoader - Vendor.xml

01-21-09 02:14 PM
    Out of 16 calls today, I've had 3 speaker blasts.
    I'm just keeping the earpiece at a distance at the beginning of the call.
    I like the HTML email too much to unistall.

I always hated all of the links in emails, where pictures and graphics should normally be.
    01-21-09 02:26 PM
    I am still using 4.3 by sprint and was wondering does the speaker blast happen on everycall or just now and again? My next question is has everyone that has upgraded had the speaker blast or is it random from phone to phone?
    Although I've not tried this newest version yet, I've followed the comments very closely. The speakerphone blast appears to be an intermittent issue. I am back on 4.3 now, which is no biggie since I have Empower to allow HTML email. I had tried the 4.5.122/4.5.089 upgrade though and had the speakerphone blast occur a few times over the course of a couple of weeks. I thought I could live with it, but the problem is if you get the "blast" in a quiet environment, such as a cubicle environment in an office. The "blast" is brief, thankfully, but very loud. It is weird though because some never seem to get it while others get it more frequently than some who do get it.
    01-21-09 02:51 PM
545 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD