08-15-09 12:35 PM
545 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I'm not sure if my HTML email is working correctly. It's downloading as an HTML email but even though in Email Settings I have the "Download Images Automatically" option set to Yes, it doesn't seem to be fully downloading the entire email. If after opening an email I go into settings I can select Get Images and then it seems to load the entire HTML email.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.
    I'm getting complete HTML email downloads including images/attachments; this is much improved over the OS that Sprint issued with the phone. If you're using multiple email accounts make sure you change the settings for each account? Also, log onto your BlackBerry Internet Service Account, go to Settings, scroll down to Service Books and select Send Service Books. Hope this helps.
    01-16-09 09:18 PM
    I was losing calls directly to voice mail also. This fixed it for me: Manage Connections/Mobile Network Options/Mobile Network: Sprint PCS--open the menu and Start Provisioning. After provisioning make sure your Network Selection Mode is set to Automatic. If that doesn't fix it--one thing I've quickly learned about the Berry---when in doubt pull it out (the battery). Do a hard reset by removing the battery and wait about five minutes or so before re-installing and powering on.
    I tried to do provision as you said and I got a provisioning error...hmm...I don't know. Im headed off to work in a few so I have no more time to mess with it. When i come back tomorrow I want to wipe and try to reload the OS and see if I have any issues. Hopefully it starts functioning tonight so I dont have to...thanks for the help...will keep posted
    01-16-09 09:36 PM
    thanks for the quick reply...I did that a couple times and it comes back on 1x then switches to EVDO then goes right back to 1x...quite frustrating. The upgrade is nice but I would hate to think that I would be keeping it at the expense of missing calls and having them go to voicemail all day. Before the upgrade I always had an evdo connection. Do you think I should just wait and try to reload the OS again or downgrade to 4.3? Thanks again for the speedy reply
    Yea, that would be frustrating. I'd give it 12-24 hours to see if it goes away before doing another OS load. I really expect its a network glitch that will go away. I hope so for your sake anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 10:28 PM
    I'm getting complete HTML email downloads including images/attachments; this is much improved over the OS that Sprint issued with the phone. If you're using multiple email accounts make sure you change the settings for each account? Also, log onto your BlackBerry Internet Service Account, go to Settings, scroll down to Service Books and select Send Service Books. Hope this helps.
    Images embedded in the email will come thru automatically. Images that are actually links to other sites won't. Those only come when you do Get Images.

01-16-09 10:36 PM
    Images embedded in the email will come thru automatically. Images that are actually links to other sites won't. Those only come when you do Get Images.

Based upon your input I did check and confirmed the images were embedded.

I tried resending service books as furhawk suggested and that didn't fix it. Then I deleted and re-added the email account which also didn't fix it.

In the end what does appear to have fixed it is that I changed HTML to No and saved changes. Then I went back in and changed HTML back to yes and made sure auto pictures was Yes. I then sent a new HTML email with embedded pictures and it seems to be working fine now. I'm definitely much happier . Thanks for responses!

I'm not sure what fixed my problem but here's what I did. First, I tried resending the service books. Still not showing
    01-16-09 11:49 PM
    Thanks so much 13 MaNy and to your posse!!!
    01-17-09 12:08 AM
    Thanks so much 13 MaNy and to your posse!!!

Hmmmmm......

No problem 12UFC. Lol
    01-17-09 12:41 AM
    Just a headsup; setting the mobile network to home only will give you superior call quality and signal stability. It will also improve battery life as the unit won't be actively searching for a signal.
    I was losing calls directly to voice mail also. This fixed it for me: Manage Connections/Mobile Network Options/Mobile Network: Sprint PCS--open the menu and Start Provisioning. After provisioning make sure your Network Selection Mode is set to Automatic. If that doesn't fix it--one thing I've quickly learned about the Berry---when in doubt pull it out (the battery). Do a hard reset by removing the battery and wait about five minutes or so before re-installing and powering on.
    01-17-09 01:24 AM
    Just upgraded from .97, literally resent my service books and the first call I got answered and was blasted by the dreaded blast lol guess it is safe to say speakerphone blast is still there!
    01-17-09 01:39 AM
    This update greatly increased my signal inside my notoriously bad connection house. Normally I was lucky to have 1 bar EVDO, now it's a solid 3.
    01-17-09 02:09 AM
    1-2-MaNy, thanks for the share. I upgraded from VZW 4.3 to this version using DM 4.6 last night and everything went very smoothly. I was a little hesitant at first because I'm running BES. My IT manager sent me a new invitation to communicate with the Exchange Server and it was a flawless operation. The upgrade took about 35 minutes, with another hour of tweaking, rentering passwords, resetting preferences, that kind of stuff. Overall, I have had no glitches at all.

I'll be paying attention to my Curve for the next few days, as well as checking this thread for the things others are experiencing. But I'm impressed with this version so far and it was kinda fun to do the update.

I would never have attempted the update if it were not for being a regular visitor of the CrackBerry community. I have been logging in here since I first purchased my 8330, and paying attention to all the progressive things, as well as problems BB users experience. When it comes to all things BlackBerry, this is THE site.

Good luck to everyone else if you choose to upgrade!
    01-17-09 10:42 AM
    o wow...im curious as to what im doing wrong why after the update I cant get an EVDO signal only 1x and that sucks. I have read through the entire thread and haven't heard of a person having the same problems that I have..AARRGGHH. I gave it time...attempted provisioning and failed, sending service books was a success though. Dont know what to do next besides going back to 4.3 Any suggestions would be appreciated
    01-17-09 11:19 AM
    dre8830 did you do this upgrade on a 8830 or 8330 bb?
    your profile has your device as 8830
    Have you tried changing your location and checking your signal?
    01-17-09 11:26 AM
    A few issues I've noticed as of late: (I upgraded from .119 from the previous 4.3, first time upgrading)
    -Had to reinstall Sprint TV after upgrade because it wasn't working right. works fine after reinstalling.
    -Just noticed last night that I get the "hourglass" popping up when i was writing and SMS and there were some delays between when i typed a character to it showing up on the screen (not continual, just from time to time, and the texts were long, almost the 160 char limit.)
    -Slideshow to go doesn't seem to like slides with "action" in them. Like when text slides into position. (haven't played with Docs or Spreadsheet much) These are the upgraded versions of the apps, but not the premium editions.
    01-17-09 12:49 PM
    Anyone here been able to do it on windows 7 or mac os x ?
    01-17-09 02:47 PM
    I have the sprint curve 8330 red, sorry about the confusion with the user name, when i signed up I had the world edition phone. Well this morning I wiped the phone and reloaded the 4.5 OS linked in this post and to no avail....still no EVDO connection. I will wipe again and see if it takes the Alltel 4.5 version better...still taking any suggestions as to what the possible reason for me being unable to get an EVDO connection. Thanks in advance for any help
    01-17-09 03:34 PM
    hey everyone, i have no computer at home and cannot get to the download site from my work computer. would anybody be willing to email me the zip file?? pin message me if you can help! thanks everybody
    01-18-09 10:20 AM
    When I upgraded to .119, I noticed that the upgrade installed Docs to Go, but the only icons I had available were Slideshow and Word. "Sheet to Go" was nowhere to be found. I think it may have had something to do with not registering the product during the OS upgrade process. At the time, I was more concerned with having my 8330 operational than having the latest Docs to Go software.

Later, when I noticed the missing Sheet to Go icon, I wondered if registering the product would provide a fix. Sure enough, registering the product provided an opportunity to download an updated release of the entire Docs to Go suite. What I did notice was, the Docs to Go suite I downloaded from dataviz.com was a newer version than the version included on the OS .119 upgrade.

I'm not sure if I did any of this correctly, but recovering from any miscues has not been problematic. I installed .119 2 1/2 days ago, did the Docs to Go upgrade and my Curve is still smoking along with no problems.
    01-18-09 10:48 AM
    Does this include MMS?! And is anyone else having EVDO issues?

01-18-09 11:56 AM
    As posted earlier MMS is a carrier option. It has nothing to do with the OS. I do not have EVDO in my area yet so i cant help with that problem. Hope it works out for you.
    01-18-09 12:02 PM
    True, Sprint has to add the mms themselves as it is not done threw the os. As for EVDO, I'm not sure if we have it here either, but my connection reads 1XEV, so it has not changed at all and actually seems a little faster, both with onboard internet browsers and threw Sprint SmartView.

01-18-09 12:13 PM
    So still no way to get mms? Only emailing it out?

01-18-09 12:15 PM
    Yes and yes. Sucks, but really the only problem I have with this phone and Sprint.

01-18-09 12:17 PM
    Yea same I just want MMS! The prices with sprint are beast.

01-18-09 12:20 PM
    Well I've had .119 for a few days and all is good. Very satisfied with the upgrade and the few tweaks that went into certain apps like Media and the BB Browser
    01-18-09 12:35 PM
545 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD