disconnect as in pull your network cable out of your computer

my DM wanted to check for updates and said there were none available until someone told me to disconnect from the internet. worked like a charm
    01-16-09 10:16 AM
    I tried that, and it still wont recognize the install. I had it on there the other day, then needed to reinstall and something messed up and now it just has 4.3 and wont let me install this version. Any ideas?
    01-16-09 10:41 AM
    I mean Sprint OS Device Handheld Software from 4.3 to 4.5.0.119 won't pick up from Desktop Manager/Application Loader/ Update Software or Add/Remove Application.
    01-16-09 10:44 AM
    I mean Sprint OS Device Handheld Software from 4.3 to 4.5.0.119 won't pick up from Desktop Manager/Application Loader/ Update Software or Add/Remove Application.
    Uninstall the 4.3 os from your pc and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 11:19 AM
    My BB verison is 4.3.0.127 and I have Desktop Manager - 4.7. Why the Desktop Manager do not pick the 4.5.0.119? Do I need to re-download from 1 2 MaNy's link? I am still frustrating.
    01-16-09 11:24 AM
    HTML email doesn't appear to be working with the .119 OS.

What gives?
    01-16-09 11:30 AM

What gives?
    I am using .119, uploaded with DM 4.7 and everything, including HTML Email is working great.

01-16-09 11:34 AM
    I am using .119, uploaded with DM 4.7 and everything, including HTML Email is working great.

Same here.
    01-16-09 11:45 AM
    Wolffie, i was having the same problem. Try uninstalling 4.7 (and all blackbery os on your pc) and then load desktop software 4.5, connect your blackberry and make sure everything connects right, restart your computer with your blackberry disconnected, install the 4.5 OS and start DM with blackberry connected. That's the exact steps i took and it's installing right now.
    01-16-09 11:47 AM

What gives?
    Make sure you have it enabled. If your still having issues, resend service books.
    01-16-09 12:08 PM
    Hi,

I did download the file link frm 1 2 MaNy. I have DM verison 4.7. It did not pick up the update device software thru Application Loader from DM. I still have 4.3 on my device. I did remove the battery from BB and re tried but it did not come up to update 4.5. Please help! I appreicate your help if you provide your assistance.

Make sure your previous OS isn't't still on the computer. If its not and your still having problems then try either rebooting your computer or reinstall drivers.
    01-16-09 12:12 PM
    I had same issue I installed the new 4.7 DM but still no luck I ended up having to go to the folder that housed the new OS and clicking on the app loader there to get it installed. Then from there use the backup I made to get back all my settings etc. I felt like MacGyver lol It wasn't the best upgrade experience Ive had.. But so far so good..
    01-16-09 12:20 PM
    busted off .119 last night and everything went smooth. This was on an Alltel 8330. Still have the answer volume blast problem though. That was the main reason I did it to eliminate this annoying problem.
    01-16-09 01:36 PM
    for the few above having problems installing this new OS with DM 4.7 (or 4.6) just disconnect the internet from the computer so Desktop Manager cannot go online to verify that OS is for your device. I'm doing that as I type this, no problem as long as there is no vendor.xml file and no internet it will let it update (even with my older OS's still installed on the computer).
    01-16-09 02:21 PM
    Personally, I think all of you Crackberry addicts are spoiled rotten. Complaining over a slight blast of the speakerphone on an inbound call and the auto setting not working when taking videos. Are you kidding me?!

Go get a Windows Mobile phone, and iPhone, or a G1 for that matter and play with them for a day or two... You'll realize just how great we all have it... I migrated from Windows Mobile for a reason... The complaints over something so small... Seriously, go try any other phone for just one full day and I guarantee you that you will never complain about your Berry again...
    I hear you on the bugs in those other devices Ethrem, but if you've ever had the speakerphone blast occur while sitting in your cube in a fairly quiet office environment, you'd understand while some are upset about it. I downgraded back to 4.3 because of it.
    Can we get this troll outa here.
    I chose to use the report button on the troll, and hopefully the mods will ban him. Whether he agrees with anyone in here or not, there's no reason to be rude towards others.
    01-16-09 04:10 PM
    Does anyone have the time to help a fellow crackberry member download this 4.5 for my new 8330 PM or send me a PIN if you can,thanks sry i'm a newbie
    Last edited by SHP828; 01-16-09 at 06:30 PM.
    01-16-09 05:52 PM

Ditto, love the fast HTML email format with this OS. It's a great upgrade.
    01-16-09 05:59 PM
    I recently upgraded to the OS linked in the original post and since then I noticed that for some reason I no longer have EVDO connection. I still get my emails to the phone but I it sending and receiving data over the 1x connection as opposed to EVDO so when sending data my calls go to voicemail. Has anyone else experienced this. I attempted to send service books and they were sent successfully. ARRRGGGHHH what a frustrating thing. Hopefully I can get a response before I leave for work.
    Thanks
    01-16-09 06:58 PM
    and I need to update my profile, I actually have the sprint 8330 red
    01-16-09 06:58 PM
    I've seen that occasionally with all OS revs and think it's a temp network issue. In Manage Connections, turn radio off, wait to you see the OFF indicator, then turn the radio on again and wait for EVDO. That's always done it for me.

01-16-09 07:09 PM
    thanks for the quick reply...I did that a couple times and it comes back on 1x then switches to EVDO then goes right back to 1x...quite frustrating. The upgrade is nice but I would hate to think that I would be keeping it at the expense of missing calls and having them go to voicemail all day. Before the upgrade I always had an evdo connection. Do you think I should just wait and try to reload the OS again or downgrade to 4.3? Thanks again for the speedy reply
    01-16-09 07:23 PM
    Ditto, love the fast HTML email format with this OS. It's a great upgrade.
    I'm not sure if my HTML email is working correctly. It's downloading as an HTML email but even though in Email Settings I have the "Download Images Automatically" option set to Yes, it doesn't seem to be fully downloading the entire email. If after opening an email I go into settings I can select Get Images and then it seems to load the entire HTML email.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.
    01-16-09 07:37 PM
    Got it up and running a second time. Works fine. I didn't do a wipe, as I'm not to confident right now, but I will try sometime. As for SmartView not working the first time I tried the upgrade. I uninstalled both the old OS and SmartView and after the upgrade reinstalled SmartView. The drvers were not installed properly the first time, but this time around everything worked perfect.
    01-16-09 07:59 PM
    thanks for the quick reply...I did that a couple times and it comes back on 1x then switches to EVDO then goes right back to 1x...quite frustrating. The upgrade is nice but I would hate to think that I would be keeping it at the expense of missing calls and having them go to voicemail all day. Before the upgrade I always had an evdo connection. Do you think I should just wait and try to reload the OS again or downgrade to 4.3? Thanks again for the speedy reply
    I was losing calls directly to voice mail also. This fixed it for me: Manage Connections/Mobile Network Options/Mobile Network: Sprint PCS--open the menu and Start Provisioning. After provisioning make sure your Network Selection Mode is set to Automatic. If that doesn't fix it--one thing I've quickly learned about the Berry---when in doubt pull it out (the battery). Do a hard reset by removing the battery and wait about five minutes or so before re-installing and powering on.
    01-16-09 08:01 PM
    Just started updating to 4.5 on my Sprint 8330. This is the first time i've updated my OS so i'm hoping all will go well.
    01-16-09 08:02 PM
545 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD