ok i got the sprint curve and had installed .97 os and changed how the mute buton work with 4.3 the only button that would let the phone light back up was the mute but with .97 if any button was pushed screen would light up say mute button is on which didnt like cause might drain my battery if in my pocket did anybody notice if this is the same or works like when os 4.3 is on the phone
    01-15-09 01:43 AM
    ok i got the sprint curve and had installed .97 os and changed how the mute buton work with 4.3 the only button that would let the phone light back up was the mute but with .97 if any button was pushed screen would light up say mute button is on which didnt like cause might drain my battery if in my pocket did anybody notice if this is the same or works like when os 4.3 is on the phone
    Only pressing on the top row keys will make the screen display the Message to press the Mute key to exit standby mode.
    01-15-09 01:48 AM
    Got the UD all installed, so far so good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 01:53 AM
    Really, my impression of .119 is exactly the opposite. I find it very snappy and fast. I wasn't getting good battery life from .97, and so far .119 seems a lot better in that regard as well.
    I used CrackUtil to wipe the device of applications and then installed the .119 OS. The device became very laggy. Rebooted and still laggy. Odd that I would have such a different experience. I did use CrackMem to remove several modules for improved memory management. Any ideas as to why my experience might be so different?
    01-15-09 06:40 AM
    I used CrackUtil to wipe the device of applications and then installed the .119 OS. The device became very laggy. Rebooted and still laggy. Odd that I would have such a different experience. I did use CrackMem to remove several modules for improved memory management. Any ideas as to why my experience might be so different?
    Mine runs quite smooth and is running just as well as previous versions but runs better than 4.3 did. Perhaps it is some 3rd party app running in the background? Or too many running apps? I know there have been occations where I was running too many apps at the same time and it lagged things. Also running a GPS app in the background impacts performance even if there is little else running. Once or twice I left like google maps or some othe GPS app open and noticed lag and it went away when I properly closed it.

01-15-09 10:31 AM
    First off i want to say thank you for this OS opportunity. But i did incur one problem, for some reason it did not load any browser config or info. I have no browser. Sprint tv works better than ever but I have no browser info. There seems to be a lot of info missing from the service books also compared to the traditional 4.3. can someone please tell me how to go about installing the browser components please.
    01-15-09 11:08 AM
    First off i want to say thank you for this OS opportunity. But i did incur one problem, for some reason it did not load any browser config or info. I have no browser. Sprint tv works better than ever but I have no browser info. There seems to be a lot of info missing from the service books also compared to the traditional 4.3. can someone please tell me how to go about installing the browser components please.
    Turn your radio back on and re-send your service books.
    01-15-09 11:10 AM
    it is on but still nothing
    01-15-09 11:12 AM
    how do i resend the service books, do I use desktop manager for that
    01-15-09 11:13 AM
    Go to "Email Settings" and log in. Then Service Books/Send Service Books. You can also do it from the BIS website.
    01-15-09 11:16 AM
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    01-15-09 11:18 AM
    There was no option to resend service books from the email settings menu. Also went to sprint.com/blackberry and all it says is to go to options or advanced options. thats all it says
    01-15-09 11:35 AM
    OK, I downloaded the 4.5 from the link provided on the 1st page. Extracted the files but now I can't find it on DM. Anything I'm missing here?
    01-15-09 11:41 AM
    the service books just now came through. I think they are having technical problems at sprint because i have been waiting over 4 hours to complete an ESN swap and it's still not working yet. BUT i now have my browser back. thank you so much
    01-15-09 11:59 AM
    OK, I downloaded the 4.5 from the link provided on the 1st page. Extracted the files but now I can't find it on DM. Anything I'm missing here?
    Did you install the OS to your computer? If so and your still having trouble, then open "Apploader" and click on "Add/Remove Applications". That should stimulate the loading process.
    01-15-09 12:02 PM
    Is it possible to upgrade directly to this version from v4.3.0.127?
    01-15-09 12:20 PM
    Is it possible to upgrade directly to this version from v4.3.0.127?
    You should have no problem.
    01-15-09 12:29 PM
    Did you install the OS to your computer? If so and your still having trouble, then open "Apploader" and click on "Add/Remove Applications". That should stimulate the loading process.
    Thnks I figured it out though. Didnt startup the installation after I extracted the files. But I just completed the upload and I'm VERY glad I did so. Not to sound cruel but the people that didnt notice a difference after the upload are blind. I've only been using it for about 15 minutes but Theres a noticeable difference in the media player... looks nicer and the headphone equalizer is nice. When you go to the BB Browser you have a nicer Go To display now, now offering live search . Very nice, but I haven't seen documents to go yet... anyone else?
    01-15-09 01:06 PM
    Okay so has anyone else noticed the text messaging lag? There is a very definite lag when I send text messages but it is only to certain people. Its weird.
    01-15-09 02:20 PM
    Okay so has anyone else noticed the text messaging lag? There is a very definite lag when I send text messages but it is only to certain people. Its weird.
    That's most likely a network issue.
    01-15-09 02:45 PM
    Well it's sprint go figure. sorry I had to

Still working well on vzw 8330 side of things.
    01-15-09 02:47 PM
    So I just sent an email or our beloved Dan Hesse with a link that 1-2 posted asking for solid information about the official release of 4.5 and MMS, not bullsh!t.

We'll see what I get back haha.

01-15-09 02:50 PM
    Downloaded lastnight and installed in about 20 min or so.. I let DM do everything n I didn't lose a thing. Just had to re-enter activation codes for some games, but my high scores were still entact.

Only thing I am seeing so far is that images don't automatically load in e-mails.. I double checked my setting n that box is checked. However, everytime I get an email with images in it I have to hit the menu key n select images. Than it gives me some warning or something. I hit ok and they download.. Am I missing something??? It's not a huge deal, just wondering..

Absolutely love 4.5 though

01-15-09 03:20 PM
    So I just sent an email or our beloved Dan Hesse with a link that 1-2 posted asking for solid information about the official release of 4.5 and MMS, not bullsh!t.

We'll see what I get back haha.
    Hey, thanks for throwing me directly under the bus! It's people like you thats gonna keep me and others from sharing our goodies with the rest of you.

There's kind of an un-written rule rule about this stuff: "Don't send emails to Sprint with a direct link to the person that leaked the OS! Especially when I'm the first person to have leaked it!"
    01-15-09 03:28 PM
    Well, with any luck he'll just get one of the generic computer generated responses and no one will actually read it.

01-15-09 03:35 PM
545 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD