Good to hear
    01-14-09 02:16 PM
    Verizon 8330 and the speaker blast continues on .119. The only version of 4.5 that did not have this was .45, but that version did not work well with GPS, so now I am left to decide whether i can live with the speaker blast or without GPS. Why, oh why, can't they finally just fix the speaker blast.
    01-14-09 02:43 PM
    forgot to say thanks to everyone who made this possible!!!

and the flash works on the camera, just not the automatic setting

running smooth on a Verizon 8330
    01-14-09 02:43 PM
    i do however have a problem, but its been there for a while, not just this OS, it gets VERY laggy when trying to send a picture message, any ideas?
    01-14-09 02:55 PM
    Does the camera flash work or is it just a problem with the video camera portion?
    The flash doesn't work at all for me in the Camera app. For Video Recorder, it works for On but not for Automatic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 02:57 PM
    forgot to say thanks to everyone who made this possible!!!

and the flash works on the camera, just not the automatic setting

running smooth on a Verizon 8330
    The flash works for you in the (still) Camera app or were you talking about Video Recorder?

01-14-09 02:59 PM
    flash works in still app, regular camera, both automatic and "on"

it also works in the video camera, just not on automatic
    01-14-09 02:59 PM
    Strange-have to investigate more for mine.

01-14-09 03:01 PM
    all i gotta do is toggle it with the spacebar and it cycles just like on previous os's

(just took a picture to make sure i wasn't imagining things lol)
    01-14-09 03:02 PM
    I am going to be one of the few, if not the only..... I might concider downgrading back to 4.5.89. My sprint tv is slower along with slacker. I also don't see any plus side to getting this new os

01-14-09 03:04 PM
    my phone is snappier than .97 was, haven't had any problems thus far *knock on wood*
    01-14-09 03:06 PM
    Just got the speakerphone blast!

Why can't RIM fix this?
    01-14-09 03:25 PM
    Just upgraded smoothly, took about 20 minutes.

Hopefully, everything is good.

Edit: Wow, this OS is very snappy indeed! The menu is fast transitioning between screens. Almost like I got a processor upgrade. Sweeeet! (Previous OS 4.5.0.97)
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-14-09 at 03:39 PM.
    01-14-09 03:34 PM
    I am going to be one of the few, if not the only..... I might concider downgrading back to 4.5.89. My sprint tv is slower along with slacker. I also don't see any plus side to getting this new os

I too am gonna stick with the original 4.3. I really dont see the advantages of upgrading. I dont want to risk having the speaker blast with the upgrade. If its not broke dont fix it right?
    01-14-09 03:38 PM
    I've still not had the speaker blast...

I DID manage to slow it down massively though... forgot to close my apps... had AIM, Yahoo, Camera, Video Camera, Sprint TV, and Browser open. Oops. lol
    01-14-09 03:38 PM
    Ok, I just tried a couple different things. I wiped, then installed CodyBB's mirror (link in post #3). I then got the speakerblast! Signal seemed to be the same maybe a little better than with .89. Auto setting on video light never worked on this version or any other, so nothing changed there. No lags or "hourglass" and web + menu nav. still seemed zippy. All apps on my device seemed to work just as efficiently as first install (including Sprint TV). Pulled battery for 5 minutes then re-inserted....nothing changed.

Then I wiped again and installed my original file (upload.com sharefile in post #1). Speakerblast is still there (not as bad though) and the auto setting on the video light is still non-functional. Web + menu nav. still seems snappy, still no lags or "hourglass", and apps still seem to run very well (including Sprint TV). Pulled battery for 5 minutes, then reinserted....nothing changed.

I knew I should've left this test alone. Now I'm stuck with that damned speaker blast!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!
    01-14-09 03:40 PM
    I think the blast has been there all along-whether or not you notice it depends on the sound trapped in whatever buffer is being played. If it happened to be quiet wind noise and/or volume was low, you might not hear it if it was an rock MP3 clip, you would. Never have figured out where the clip comes from..

01-14-09 03:55 PM
    What speaker blast are you guys talking about? I just received my curve and I want to know.
    01-14-09 04:00 PM
    See post 349 of this thread

Last edited by tomvb2000; 01-14-09 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added link
    01-14-09 04:02 PM
    I think the blast has been there all along-whether or not you notice it depends on the sound trapped in whatever buffer is being played. If it happened to be quiet wind noise and/or volume was low, you might not hear it if it was an rock MP3 clip, you would. Never have figured out where the clip comes from..
    Actually your wrong. I tested this over and over again in a quiet room after my first install. My volume was up and my ear was stuck to the speaker when I hit the "talk" button. Every call I answered was in "handset mode" from the minute I answered. There was no speaker blast, period.
    01-14-09 04:10 PM
    Maybe I am. Until we can figure out what causes it and given how hard it is to describe, some people notice it and others don't. I notice it, but it's not always the same sound clip and since it's so short, it's hard to recognize (last phone call, part of the last MP3 or video I played, etc).
    01-14-09 04:18 PM
    Wow, thanks you guys! I have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a Sprint version. The upgrade was so easy to do. Love it.

- WannaBB
    01-14-09 04:36 PM
    i finally got it loaded to my BB i had to downgrade to DM 4.5 instead of 4.7
    01-14-09 04:40 PM
    I still get the speaker blast but not all the time. It only happened twice today.
    01-14-09 04:53 PM
    Damn... I wonder if the speakerblast is the one problem that Sprint has been working so long on resolving... hopefully they don't just release it without resolving the issue first like so many other carriers have done!!!
    01-14-09 05:31 PM
545 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD