Has anyone had youtube issues since the upgrade? When I go to m.youtube.com none of the pics load! Works for all the other sites I use, just not that one. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 09:09 AM
    .119 running great on my 8330... Faster, more free mem, no issues so far

No changes to the "look" of the OS
    01-23-09 09:11 AM
    I noticed after the install (4.5) i have lost all of my preloaded pictures...anyone else? any suggestions?
    01-23-09 09:27 AM
    Is there any firmware more recent than 4.5.0.77? That I can put on my BB 8330?
    ^ This is a joke right?

So if I were to download the ATT firmware onto my verizon BB all I need to do is delete the vendor.xml file??
    NO!!! AT&T is a GSM network. Verizon is CDMA. You need to use a CDMA OS.

Ok, so all my BB ringtones are gone. How did I manage to do that?
    Not sure what you did. They should be there. Mine are.

This is really the Offical Sprint Release?
    No. It's a leaked version.
    01-23-09 10:34 AM
    I already have this OS on my blackberry. i was wondering. Is there anyway to reload this on to my blackberry? When i took my battery out and put it back in, it takes about 5mins jus to boot up.
    01-23-09 02:09 PM
    Anyone else notice that SMS is now SMS Text in the menu? Or is it just me being ******** and not noticing that until now? I could have sworn that it only used to read SMS.
    01-23-09 02:35 PM
    Didn't notice this was out, phone is doing final loading now........CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-23-09 04:28 PM
    I noticed after the install (4.5) i have lost all of my preloaded pictures...anyone else? any suggestions?
    RIM removed those in the 4.5 to free up memory.
    01-23-09 05:27 PM
    Thnx 1fast
    01-23-09 06:02 PM
    I was finally able to use a computer today and do the update. It went quite well and I have more memory, faster web browsing, and overall a much nicer experience on my curve. I really want to thank the guys who leaked this. It rocks.
    01-23-09 06:06 PM
    Hey none of the download links are workin for me! Wth! Could someone please post another link?

01-23-09 06:41 PM
    Loaded this one today on my Verizon 8330. No issues. Definitely seems to be an improvement over .89 in terms of speed and responsiveness.
    01-23-09 07:11 PM
    Hey none of the download links are workin for me! Wth! Could someone please post another link?

you can't dl from your blackberry. You need to have a computer. Both links work, but the second one is a faster mirror.
    01-23-09 07:33 PM
    Working great for me, faster, less battery used, only app that had issue was BBtext2IM which is no great loss. Very happy with the update!

01-23-09 09:26 PM
    Hey guys, I'm new here as well as new to the BlackBerry world. I just upgraded my 8330 to the 4.5 OS. I noticed that when I get an email I still dont see the images. Is there something I am doing wrong? I resent the service books too.
    01-23-09 09:42 PM
    Hey guys, I'm new here as well as new to the BlackBerry world. I just upgraded my 8330 to the 4.5 OS. I noticed that when I get an email I still dont see the images. Is there something I am doing wrong? I resent the service books too.
    Did you go to Messages - Options - Email Settings and set Enable HTML Email to Yes for each of your email accounts?
    01-23-09 09:48 PM
    Did you go to Messages - Options - Email Settings and set Enable HTML Email to Yes for each of your email accounts?
    Yeah. It appears that I have to "get images" everytime I open an email to be able to see the images. Also, another thing I noticed is that my blackberry does not make a sound when I get an email, just the red blinking light.
    01-23-09 09:52 PM
    From what I've read, this is because the images in the email are externally linked, not embedded within the email. Not showing the images automatically is out of security concerns.
    01-23-09 10:10 PM
    I decided to reload 119 yesterday because of the number of non repeatable problems I was having that no others are talking about. My guess is something was corrupted on my initial install. I couldn't do a backup very easily, BB Messenger was not working properly when adding contacts, and the phone did not connect to inbound calls about 50% of the time. All other functions seemed to be working well though.

The reload went very smoothly and I have not experienced any of the issues I noted above. So, it appears all is well. I'll check back after a few more days of normal use if I notice any Twilight Zone issues.

So far, so good.

01-24-09 08:26 AM
    My install went fine. No new issues to report. Doesn't really seem any faster or better than .89 but then again, I haven't done thorough testing to know. It would be nice if new OS's came with a change notice. What was improved/updated etc.
    01-24-09 08:46 AM
    For some reason I connect my phone to the BB desktop manager and i go into the application loader but it wont let me install the update it just lets me add or remove the installed apps on the device. Can anybody help me install the update on my phone?

thank you
    01-24-09 10:44 AM
    For some reason I connect my phone to the BB desktop manager and i go into the application loader but it wont let me install the update it just lets me add or remove the installed apps on the device. Can anybody help me install the update on my phone?

thank you
    Your signature says you have a Pearl 8100, if you're trying to put this software on that, it can't be done.

If you're trying to put this software on a 8330 then you need to delete the vendor.xml file found here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and if you're using DM 4.6 or 4.7 then you need to turn off your internet connection before you open and connect your BB to DM.

Also, you have to actually install this handheld OS on your PC.
    01-24-09 02:46 PM
    I own a Storm but just updated my gf's VZW 8330 to 4.5.0.89 last week, i did so without wiping the phone. On my Storm i like to wipe before every OS install. Is wiping necessary on the Curve?
    01-24-09 04:58 PM
    I just completed my update last night. Ran into a few problems with the Sprint Apps not running (navigation, radio, TV, etc. I did a shutdown and a battery pull, re provisioned, sevice books, re-register, and that solved the problem. I tested all applications, texting, messaging, emails, and 3rd party apps and all tested good. My Curve seems to run a bit faster adn respond alot quicker now. The only issue I found was the video camera automatic lighting did not work but thats minor.

Thanks to all who made this possible. I have been wanting to update my Curve since last year but was waiting for one designed for Sprint's Curve.
    01-24-09 08:18 PM
    So I just decided to do this today. I read the Proper Upgrade/Downgrade procedure threads as well as the BB 101 threads(just for education). I downloaded the OS from the 3rd link on this thread I think it was and followed all of the directions in the basic installation. I also disabled my internet before I ran DM4.7 to be sure as well. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been a bad install of the .119. So i wanted to uninstall it but I keep on getting a windows error saying it cant find the .msi file to uninstall it.

Subsequently, i also read to do the advanced install, to uninstall the 4.3 software from the system as well. Where is that located in windows? Thank You in advace.
    01-24-09 08:24 PM
545 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD