Anyone with gmail notice that incoming emails aren't as instant as before the upgrade?

I see it on my PC before I see them on my BB. It was the other way around before the upgrade.
    01-18-09 01:34 PM
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
    01-18-09 03:43 PM
    The uploading.com link stops on me everytime. Are there any issues with the other download link file?
    01-18-09 03:44 PM
    The uploading.com link stops on me everytime. Are there any issues with the other download link file?
    Yeah. there is a mediafire link here. I got it in 30 seconds from there.
    8330 OS 4.5.0.119 Found Online! | BerryReview.com �
    01-18-09 05:25 PM
    Just got done with the upgrade, although I didnt use Crackmem, I used DM V.6. All went well, just trying to get Slacker to start. So, someone tell me, what are the upgraded features with this OS has over V.4.3.0.123? Ive just had this gadget under a week, so I'm still "discovering"!
    01-18-09 05:53 PM
    I am one of those annoying people who say "there is no such thing as a stupid question"... but I have one.
    I have never upgraded the OS on a BB and was just wondering... what happens if someone tries to call me in the middle of it? It won't hurt anything, right? I'll just miss a call???? Just wondering... I am working up the courage to do this still and trying to think of every question I have before I start... LOL
    Thanks for the updates from everyone running the new OS, glad to hear it's running smoothly...
    01-18-09 06:05 PM
    I am one of those annoying people who say "there is no such thing as a stupid question"... but I have one.
    I have never upgraded the OS on a BB and was just wondering... what happens if someone tries to call me in the middle of it? It won't hurt anything, right? I'll just miss a call???? Just wondering... I am working up the courage to do this still and trying to think of every question I have before I start... LOL
    Thanks for the updates from everyone running the new OS, glad to hear it's running smoothly...
    Update process shuts off the radio while updating. Calls should go to VM.
    01-18-09 06:27 PM
    That's never happened to me, but one of the first thing the install process does is turn off the cell radio. It stays off throughout the process until it does a final restart. Bottom line - nothing to worry about - all the calls will go straight to voicemail and you can pick them up afterwards.
    01-18-09 06:29 PM
    Digging it so far. I am surprised that there really is no difference with the other 4.5 OS's out there that I'm aware of. But I will say, I am glad that it's a Sprint version, only so if I have to call them again for any reason they can't say anything. Not sure if they would, but ya never know with a $400-$800 phone.
    01-18-09 06:37 PM
    Update process shuts off the radio while updating. Calls should go to VM.
    thanks SO much for the quick response wckesq and tomvb!! you ROCK!!! greatly appreciated
    01-18-09 06:56 PM
    The install seems fine but I have found one annoying thing. When I scroll through my apps, certain ones have what appears to be the top of a bracket half showing underneath the label at the bottom of the screen. I am using the stock Sprint theme. Any ideas on how to fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 08:34 PM
    Didn't see any major differences from .97
    I'm going to have to rectify that. I actually noticed that I can go trough my items faster than before. The hour glass takes less time.

BB Browser is actually enjoyable now!
    01-18-09 10:01 PM
    has anybody noticed signal issues after loading up this os?
    im not sure if its directly related to the os upgrade but more often now im noticing that my signal completely disappears in places where it would have previously been fine.its weird though because all i do after that is press any button and it returns to normal. just curious as it seems a little odd.
    01-18-09 10:06 PM
    I have one last quick question before I start the upgrade... sorry if it's been asked elsewhere, I couldn't find it.
    I have DM 4.3... can I just use that? I read on BB101 that you should have the most recent version of DM but when I tried to d/l it from RIM it kept getting stuck.. something about how the software was not for Windows XP(?) I have the OS already and am itching to get this process going, but I am an upgrade-virgin so I just had to ask before I try this. Can I just use my DM 4.3??? My BB is too precious to me to not ask
    THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!
    01-18-09 11:11 PM
    Ok so now I got DM4.6 on my pc, gonna start upgrade.
    Not sure why I am so nervous but I will let you guys know how it went! I am about to lose my upgrade virginity LOL

01-19-09 12:23 AM
    I did it!! It's running smoothly now and I went from 35 to 44 file free!
    SHOUT OUT TO 12MaNy! Thank you!
    01-19-09 02:21 AM
    Anyone else getting a bracket below your application labels?

01-19-09 06:25 AM
    Did the unofficial sprint 4.5 upgrade include MMS? Anyone know the deal with why sprint is the last to put the 4.5 upgrade out? I double posted sorry!
    01-19-09 09:37 AM
    Did the unofficial sprint 4.5 upgrade include MMS? Anyone know the deal with why sprint is the last to put the 4.5 upgrade out? I double posted sorry!
    No, MMS would be provided by a service book update, not the OS update. Sprint is last because they claim to be working out the bugs.

01-19-09 10:02 AM
    Does this mean that I can currently get MMS on the sprint 8330 by just updating my service books? Or it's not out yet and when it does come out I just need to do a service book update?
    Last edited by nickongpauco; 01-19-09 at 11:26 AM.
    01-19-09 11:20 AM
    When sprint sends a service book push with mms then you'll have mms.

01-19-09 11:30 AM
    Someday I will be able to text pictures to my non BB friends. What a glorious day that will be. Thanks randabis.

Last edited by nickongpauco; 01-19-09 at 11:54 AM.
    01-19-09 11:32 AM
    After upgrading I find that internet connections and email service stops working and I have to do a battery pull. I am doing battery pulls 4-5 times a day now. Anyone else having this problem or have an idea how to fix this? I have resent the service books a couple of times in the last few days.
    Thanks in advance
    Jeff
    01-19-09 11:34 AM
    I thought that i wouldn't be able to mms cause I upgraded and i'm with verizon, well i can send mms so sprint disabled mms in the phone it has nothing to do with the os or so i think.
    01-19-09 11:35 AM
    Jeff, try registering your device, also try deleting your service books, then resend them. Sometimes people need to delete them before sending them.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

01-19-09 11:43 AM
545 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD