I really don't think it is that big of a deal. Like mircosoft with windows 7 beta, how better to test software then to just give it to the masses and read the feed bad, I think it is smart, but I do agree you should not sell anyone out either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 03:35 PM
    Relax, first off. If anything this should open Sprints eyes and they should get this thing out. Also, with any other corporation, I'm sure they know when their programs have been leaked.

I'd also like to go out on a limb and say that I probably wasn't the only one to email them about a leaked version of 4.5 either.

Cool your jets.

01-15-09 04:06 PM
    Relax, first off. If anything this should open Sprints eyes and they should get this thing out. Also, with any other corporation, I'm sure they know when their programs have been leaked.

I'd also like to go out on a limb and say that I probably wasn't the only one to email them about a leaked version of 4.5 either.

Cool your jets.

Its idiots like you that scare people from posting updates...
    01-15-09 04:12 PM
    Hey, thanks for throwing me directly under the bus! It's people like you thats gonna keep me and others from sharing our goodies with the rest of you.

There's kind of an un-written rule rule about this stuff: "Don't send emails to Sprint with a direct link to the person that leaked the OS! Especially when I'm the first person to have leaked it!"
    12MaNy,

I appreciate your knowledge and disemination of the OS. Please don't let some bad apples spoil it for the rest of us. I'm pretty sure that everyone else is greatly appreciative of your efforts to help the rest of the Crackberry Community!
    01-15-09 04:53 PM
    Hey, thanks for throwing me directly under the bus! It's people like you thats gonna keep me and others from sharing our goodies with the rest of you.

There's kind of an un-written rule rule about this stuff: "Don't send emails to Sprint with a direct link to the person that leaked the OS! Especially when I'm the first person to have leaked it!"
    It begs the question; when betas and pre-releases make it out into the public, most of the BB blogs post news about it and links to it. I highly doubt that this flies under the carriers noses, as most of the BB people at Verizon tech that I've spoken to seem to frequent the usual BB news sites. Since the carriers have to know it's happening, why the **** don't the have a more available beta program for people who like to tinker with their BBs. I haven't seen a beta or pre-release that compromised the security model, it seems pretty tight, and I haven't heard of one causing carrier network problems. So what's the downside if you give people the software early with a giant "you're **** out of luck if you brick it" disclaimer?

If the carriers or RIM were worried about it, they'd go after the file hosts, so I doubt your much at risk. Either way rest assured that your contirbutions to the community are greatly appreciated by those of us smart enough not to rub it in the vendors faces.
    01-15-09 04:54 PM
    2 days now and OS works great. Even works great with my AIRAVE - no issues yet.
    01-15-09 05:37 PM
    I have ran into some issues all with the media player. I have been using moodio for a couple weeks now while still having OS 4.3, it seemed to work really good until I would get back in the sticks. I installed 4.5 the other night and now after I load a station I can't put the phone back in the holster because it automatically pauses. I keep the holser on my visor. I have also had a lot of error codes while trying to load one of the stations. I have had to do a few battery pulls. I can't find anything anywhere on the media player. I used to be able to put the bb in it's holster and listen to it for hours. Pretty much leave it on all day while I was driving from one call to the next all over east Tennessee.
    01-15-09 07:20 PM
    So I just sent an email or our beloved Dan Hesse with a link that 1-2 posted asking for solid information about the official release of 4.5 and MMS, not bullsh!t.

We'll see what I get back haha.

And the purpose for this was.....other than possibly getting someone in trouble who released it! WOW
    01-15-09 07:23 PM
    I have ran into some issues all with the media player. I have been using moodio for a couple weeks now while still having OS 4.3, it seemed to work really good until I would get back in the sticks. I installed 4.5 the other night and now after I load a station I can't put the phone back in the holster because it automatically pauses. I keep the holser on my visor. I have also had a lot of error codes while trying to load one of the stations. I have had to do a few battery pulls. I can't find anything anywhere on the media player. I used to be able to put the bb in it's holster and listen to it for hours. Pretty much leave it on all day while I was driving from one call to the next all over east Tennessee.
    Yea, that's now a known problem. I didn't know this, but apparently moodio streaming through the media player would continue in the background in OS4.3. It doesn't on at least this version of 4.5 and AFAIK no workarounds.
    01-15-09 07:26 PM
    And the purpose for this was.....other than possibly getting someone in trouble who released it! WOW
    Apparently reading isn't a skill you have. I sent them that in order to, hopefully, obtain solid information about an official OS release.

And I really don't care if you choose to share what you have or not. I won't use it. So it doesn't matter to me what you do with it haha. So yeah... Take it easy, all.

01-15-09 08:25 PM
    Haha, I don't give two sh!ts about many's bootlegged update. I don't care if I scare people into not sharing anything. I'll just wait for the real thing.

I really hope I ruined it for the rest of you though

Cheers!

Can we get this troll outa here.
    01-15-09 08:43 PM
    I need a .exe, can anyone help?? i can't unzip...
    01-15-09 08:52 PM
    Didn't see any major differences from .97

I backep up everything with DM4.7 and reading the instructions but did not restore 3rd party apps.

Oh well. Just have to redownload.
    01-15-09 09:00 PM
    Haha, I don't give two sh!ts about many's bootlegged update. I don't care if I scare people into not sharing anything. I'll just wait for the real thing.

I really hope I ruined it for the rest of you though

Cheers!

Can we get this troll outa here.
    Agreed....
    01-15-09 09:50 PM
    Just installed it on mine and haven't noticed anything different.
    01-15-09 10:05 PM
    Man, LOVING .119, working great..
    01-15-09 11:52 PM
    Haha troll? Roflll

01-16-09 12:15 AM
    wow just read the past two pages...Tony you're a *bad word* bro....GTFO immed
    Last edited by Duvi; 01-16-09 at 04:07 PM. Reason: foul language
    01-16-09 12:31 AM
    I'm currently running v4.5.0.89 . Been trying to upgrade to this now but this is what I get.

My upgrade is staying stuck in Uploading RAM image anyone knows whats the cause of this ?

I disconnect my phone after who knows how long, phone doesn't seem to turn back on after it reboots itself(in the process where it says Uploading RAM image). so when I disconnect it, it says a fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again
    01-16-09 01:10 AM
    Many,

No matter what Tony says, I say thank you!!!! Works like a champ
    01-16-09 07:01 AM
    Yes, been running 4.5.0.119 now for over a day and works wonderful!!

This is my 4th day owning my BB. If I could do it, anyone could
    01-16-09 07:07 AM
    I need a .exe, can anyone help?? i can't unzip...
    HAHAHA, sorry couldn't help it

is anyone else's phone laggy when sending pictures? thats the only complaint I have, but its been there since .77 with me. I went from .77 to .97 to .119
    01-16-09 08:42 AM
    Hi,

I did download the file link frm 1 2 MaNy. I have DM verison 4.7. It did not pick up the update device software thru Application Loader from DM. I still have 4.3 on my device. I did remove the battery from BB and re tried but it did not come up to update 4.5. Please help! I appreicate your help if you provide your assistance.
    01-16-09 09:39 AM
    disconnect from the internet and retry, thats what I had to do
    01-16-09 09:56 AM
    you mean to re download the file of Sprint 8330 4.5 software? I don't undy what do you mean "disconnect from the internet"?
    01-16-09 10:08 AM
545 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD