Is there ANYONE who has updated with this version being their FIRST 4.5 update and is experiencing the "Speaker Blast"?!?!

tia
    01-14-09 11:33 AM
    Just upgraded from the official .77 Verizon OS. It was VERY smooth. No hiccups. SO far, the OS does seem a little snappier, namely when i type in a name from any screen 2 search a # in the address book. i used to experience a lag and the first letter in the name wouldnt register. That problems seems solved. the previous OS seemed to have a lot of lag when scrolling, and switching from program to program. so far so good.

Another thing is, maybe its just me, but assigned custom ringers seem like they are a LITTLE bit louder as opposed to barely audible before. but again, it may just be me. this was an ONGOING problem 4 me since i got the curve. but it seems better now.

LASTLY the speaker blast. It might be 2 early 2 say, but after 10 test calls. i havent gotten it as of yet, this does leave me hopeful. When i installed OS .77, i had it on the first test call.

Thanks for posting the new OS. I was beginning to thing that the 8330's reached the end of it's usefulness and we were out of luck for new updates. this update keeps me content until the shiny new 8930's (im so hopeing!!) surface.
    01-14-09 11:33 AM
    With this being my 1st BB I got the upgrade running....sweet. Question is does anybody have the Hot air ballon wallpaper still? I would like to get that back if possible.
    01-14-09 11:38 AM
    Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I can't wait to get home tonight and DL this.
    01-14-09 11:40 AM
    here is what the two screens look like

01-14-09 11:41 AM
    here is what the two screens look like
    I had that same problem updating from other versions with that newer DM. Disconnect from the internet so DM cannot check the internet to see if there is anything newer and to check if that version is for your device (it checks the Vendor ID).
    01-14-09 11:55 AM
    Either pull your network connection or as I did just run loader.exe. Seems DM 4.7 likes to do that update check regardless if you tell it not to or not.
    01-14-09 12:02 PM
    I had that same problem updating from other versions with that newer DM. Disconnect from the internet so DM cannot check the internet to see if there is anything newer and to check if that version is for your device (it checks the Vendor ID).
    Yup. That's why step #2 is there in the "basic version" of the guide.
    01-14-09 12:02 PM
    Is there ANYONE who has updated with this version being their FIRST 4.5 update and is experiencing the "Speaker Blast"?!?!

tia
    this is my first 4.5 update and i have not experienced it
    01-14-09 12:03 PM
    this is my first 4.5 update and i have not experienced it
    Thanks for the info, please post again if this changes!
    01-14-09 12:05 PM
    How long did it take others to get slacker running. Mine has been starting now for about 1/2 an hour. Ideas anybody?
    01-14-09 12:30 PM
    open word to go or one of the others, menu->check for updates. i had to upgrade it again too for some reason.
    i went to word to go and checked for updates as well and there was, so i downloaded it. but then after the update of word to go and restart it said error everytime. so i deleted it and and restored it back to right after the install of the new os. but im just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or did something just go wrong with the download of the update of word to go.
    01-14-09 12:33 PM

tia
    First time upgrading here as well and no noticable speaker blast.
    01-14-09 12:43 PM
    thanks, that did the trick!

now running
    01-14-09 12:45 PM
    Upgraded from .97, Speaker blast is gone. Seems much faster no more hour glass.

NOW THE BAD.

I sync my itunes to an 8gb card, most of my songs are AAC (mpeg-4). Now when I go to play these songs it says that is an unsupported format. The Only songs that play now are MP3.
    01-14-09 12:52 PM
    I'm going to reload .119 one more time and see if I encounter any problems. I've been trying hard to encounter these problems and the only one I've come across is the video light issue. I'll report my findings if there are any.
    01-14-09 01:13 PM
    How long did it take others to get slacker running. Mine has been starting now for about 1/2 an hour. Ideas anybody?
    Mine starts up quick after the initial load. It had started and was taking forever so I killed it and tried starting it again and now no problems. Don't think I did anything special.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 01:16 PM
    1_2_MaNY, can you confirm the flash never comes on for the Camera (still) app? Auto and On don't work at all for me-same as previous 4.5 betas.

01-14-09 01:20 PM
    Mine starts up quick after the initial load. It had started and was taking forever so I killed it and tried starting it again and now no problems. Don't think I did anything special.

Yeh, it took mine forever to load too. I would start it, kill it, restart it (getting a little further in the load process), kill it, restart it, and so on.

Got fed up and re-downloaded and reinstalled the program. works fine now.
    01-14-09 01:28 PM
    Does the camera flash work or is it just a problem with the video camera portion?
    01-14-09 01:47 PM
    i downloaded 4.5.0.119 to my computer. ran the dm. i can get as far as to where i select to install 4.5.0.97 or 4.5.0.119, and i choose the newer one and it takes me to another screen and say no updated software available.i know this isnt very specific but am i missing something.
    oh and i deleted the vendor.xml file
    01-14-09 02:01 PM
    did you remove the vendor file?
    01-14-09 02:07 PM
    yes.i made sure to do that
    01-14-09 02:09 PM
    try just running app loader. it's in where you deleted the vendor file. have DM closed.
    01-14-09 02:11 PM
    problem solved, i re-installed the os on my computer.it must have missed something or i may have cut if off somehow accidentally. i ran dm and its working now =]
    01-14-09 02:14 PM
545 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD