That sometimes happens if for some reason your data services aren't working. Same thing happened to me one of the many times I reinstalled an OS. Just tell it to provision, send the services books, re register the Host routing table, and do a battery pull. ten bucks says something in that list fixed the problem.
    I finally figured out the resend service books/re-register on the network. My Browser icon popped back up though!! THX

Overall it runs a **** of alot smoother. Got a new mail message this morning, clicked get images and it all works. Im kinda anxious to see if battery life will improve some or not. Guess Ill find out.
    Last edited by jtskier11; 01-14-09 at 07:47 AM.
    01-14-09 07:43 AM
    Your browser came back because of the new service book send. Options->Options-Advanced->Host Routing Table (menu) Register Now is the host routing table thing but you may not even need to do that if you already resent service books. Won't hurt if you do it anyway.
    01-14-09 07:47 AM
    hey i never got that wireless upgrade this is my 4th 0S (.77, .89, .97 & now .119) is it a big deal?
    01-14-09 07:51 AM
    Just went through the upgrade! Went very smooth. Stuck on "Connecting to Device" for about 10 min or so, but then came right up. Have yet to see if it reconnected to my BES and I haven't tested yet.

But a BIG THAK-YA for the Post!!!
    01-14-09 07:54 AM
    thanks yester....

updated that i had the 8330 too. 8o)
    01-14-09 08:04 AM
    I tried but it wont let me download the update it just keeps making me wait 90 seconds I'll just wait until everyone else is finished downloading it. Thanks again for link.
    01-14-09 08:09 AM
    Has anyone out there had any issues with the new update for Sprint? Is there any differance in this update verses another carriers update?
    01-14-09 08:16 AM
    Installed last night, so far so good..... though I really don't see a big difference. HTML email is working, but I don't know how to access the docs2go, where is it???

FYI when you upgrade your OS you will lose all of your pre-loaded stuff like pictures etc. I was using one of the pre-loaded wallpapers before I upgraded, and now it is gone and reverted back to the theme default wallpaper.

For those who are curious, it does not change the look of your OS, it looks exactly the same, except your e-mails will now display HTML content. Unless you have a burning desire to view HTML emails or use the docs2go (which I can't find) you are not missing much here. But Slacker is supposed to run smoother on this OS, but I haven't used it enough to find out.

BTW Slacker took FOREVER to load the first time, I actually fell asleep while signing in last night, but opens quickly afterwards
    01-14-09 08:32 AM
    Installed last night, so far so good..... though I really don't see a big difference. HTML email is working, but I don't know how to access the docs2go, where is it???

FYI when you upgrade your OS you will lose all of your pre-loaded stuff like pictures etc. I was using one of the pre-loaded wallpapers before I upgraded, and now it is gone and reverted back to the theme default wallpaper.

For those who are curious, it does not change the look of your OS, it looks exactly the same, except your e-mails will now display HTML content. Unless you have a burning desire to view HTML emails or use the docs2go (which I can't find) you are not missing much here. But Slacker is supposed to run smoother on this OS, but I haven't used it enough to find out.

BTW Slacker took FOREVER to load the first time, I actually fell asleep while signing in last night, but opens quickly afterwards

Doc's to Go does not install automatically, you have to go into DM and app loader and add it.
    01-14-09 09:08 AM
    Does anyone have an issue where when your answering calls....it delays 1-2 seconds between hitting the talk button and the call actually answering? This is the only issue I am reporting even with Sprint's 4.5OS. It's happened with every 4.5OS I've tried installing.....when I was running 4.3 there was no delay
    01-14-09 10:17 AM
    Does anyone have an issue where when your answering calls....it delays 1-2 seconds between hitting the talk button and the call actually answering? This is the only issue I am reporting even with Sprint's 4.5OS. It's happened with every 4.5OS I've tried installing.....when I was running 4.3 there was no delay
    I just upgraded this AM and have received about 15 calls since from clients and I have not experienced any delays or lag time between answering and when the call actually connects. It is immediate on my 8330.
    01-14-09 10:20 AM
    is this new os just for the phone or for the phone and dm?

thanks
    01-14-09 10:21 AM
    Just phone. DM is completely separate.
    01-14-09 10:28 AM
    I tried but it wont let me download the update it just keeps making me wait 90 seconds I'll just wait until everyone else is finished downloading it. Thanks again for link.
    Go ahead and wait the 90 seconds, that's the "price" of not using the free access account (vs paying for a premium account) on that share - you have to wait. The download will start after the intentional time delay.
    01-14-09 10:29 AM
    I've had the curve 8330 sprint for a week and just finished the upgrade. Piece of cake. One think I noticed is before the download, sprint radio would not load any stations. It would just say "list unavailable, try later". After the upgrade it loaded the stations right away. That's the only thing I've noticed so far but it's only been 10 minutes since the upgrade.
    01-14-09 10:34 AM
    Wait the initial 90 seconds then click download again.
    01-14-09 10:37 AM
    I just upgraded this AM and have received about 15 calls since from clients and I have not experienced any delays or lag time between answering and when the call actually connects. It is immediate on my 8330.
    Weird because i've experienced this same problem on 2 different BB's. I had to get my BB replaced a few weeks ago because the screen broke. hmm..
    01-14-09 10:39 AM
    Works great. I have not seen any issues yet. Thanks to all that made this happpen.
    01-14-09 10:55 AM
    Since I upgraded from 4.5.0.97, I noticed the AIM ringer in the profiles are gone. Anyone else's vanished?
    01-14-09 11:10 AM
    On the download page, if you scroll down, there is a countdown timer that lets you know when the 90 secs is up.
    01-14-09 11:12 AM
    Just downloaded it. Now to decide if I want to install...
    01-14-09 11:17 AM
    No real downside so far. Unfortunately, no real upside either.
    01-14-09 11:19 AM
    ok either i'm really missed up or my computer is lol
    But i can't install this on my BB, i followed all the directions i believe and everytime i open DM and it checks up software updates it doesn't notice 4.5.0.119
    01-14-09 11:29 AM
    downloaded it, deleted vendor file, but when i go to DM it says there is no software update required??? It even lets me pick the OS, but on the next screen says there is no update. any ideas whats wrong?
    01-14-09 11:30 AM
    downloaded it, deleted vendor file, but when i go to DM it says there is no software update required??? It even lets me pick the OS, but on the next screen says there is no update. any ideas whats wrong?
    same here!
    01-14-09 11:33 AM
545 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD