ah man im tired of waiting on "connecting to device" i'm pretty sure it's worth the wait though
    01-13-09 08:18 PM
    that's what i'm trying to do, but it doesn't find my pin. it just says select a device, but there are none to select. thanks.
    You reboot your PC? Only asking because I had that problem with a previous upgrade, wouldn't find my berry for anything. Rebooted the PC and presto! Just a thought....
    01-13-09 08:20 PM
    i'll try that now. thanks
    01-13-09 08:21 PM
    Just finished up. Works great. It's much speedier. Slacker took forever to load, but everything appears to work perfectly. My settings are the same and everything. Thanks!
    Slacker is taking forever to load for me as well. It's been a couple of minutes. First it asked if i wanted to reverify my SDcard certificate (or something) then it "loads" for a couple minutes, then it asks me to allow some permissions for Slacker, then loads. man, seems like its taking longer for slacker to load than it did to upgrade the OS.
    01-13-09 08:23 PM
    Looking forward to installing. When will sprint be pushing MMS service to our BBs? It was my understanding it was to come along with their update to 4.5. Is it like a service book that they don't have ready?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:27 PM
    Also added it as a torrent, well i did a while ago
    v4.5.0.119 for 8330 Torrent - btjunkie
    01-13-09 08:28 PM
    Have anything new OS for the 8310, I'll be more than happy to do some testing for you. Always up to help fellow crackberry addicts.
    01-13-09 08:30 PM
    still nothing
    01-13-09 08:31 PM
    got it up and running
    01-13-09 08:32 PM
    In testing about the only thing that I have found that is not working is the automatic light for the video recorder.
    01-13-09 08:41 PM
    everything still the same for me, i honestly do not see nothing improved
    01-13-09 09:02 PM
    I see that it was asked above with no reply, but I am also curious what exactly are the benefits of updating the OS? I have the sprint 8330 running 4.3. I understand the html email and docs to go thing, but is there anything groundbreaking with this update that I would really be missing out on by NOT upgrading? Thanks in advance

01-13-09 09:04 PM
    I have noticed one problem on my blackberry after updating, when going to options-about. it does not open the about screen it simply just keeps it highlighted in the options menu. Anyone else have this problem?
    01-13-09 09:07 PM
    I have noticed one problem on my blackberry after updating, when going to options-about. it does not open the about screen it simply just keeps it highlighted in the options menu. Anyone else have this problem?
    Yup, same here... Was just working on that one myself. Along with not noticing any performance improvements some see, but no issues.
    01-13-09 09:11 PM
    I just got done downloading and installing, and everything seems to work great! Thanks 1 2 MaNy, and all the testers!!
    01-13-09 09:12 PM
    WOW now, i just restarted my blackberry and it readjusts my settings everytime, it does not remember for instance i read a message after restarting the device. This is making me angry!
    01-13-09 09:20 PM
    Yup, same here... Was just working on that one myself. Along with not noticing any performance improvements some see, but no issues.
    To the above, I've had that happen when I've used a OS that is NOT my own brand. IE using this Sprint one on my VZW 8330. It happened on my 8830WE as well, another one with VZW. For some odd reason, it won't show what the version is.
    01-13-09 09:25 PM
    To the above, I've had that happen when I've used a OS that is NOT my own brand. IE using this Sprint one on my VZW 8330. It happened on my 8830WE as well, another one with VZW. For some odd reason, it won't show what the version is.

I've never had this happen to me wether it was a Sprint ROM or any other carrier for that matter. I'm using a Sprint 8330 with this version and the options/about works fine.
    01-13-09 09:41 PM
    Gotcha, wondered if that might be it...
    01-13-09 09:41 PM
    I've never had this happen to me wether it was a Sprint ROM or any other carrier for that matter. I'm using a Sprint 8330 with this version and the options/about works fine.
    But this version IS for Sprint phones so you wouldn't have the problem. The latest version for VZW which is authorized by them is 4.5.0.77, which I have installed. However, the latest BETA that I was able to get before this was 4.5.0.97. That did not allow me to view the "About" on my 8330VZW Curve. The 4.5.0.77 does which is what I put on the phone.
    01-13-09 10:04 PM
    Upgrade went great (from .97). Flipping around between apps and screens seems a tad more responsive. Didn't see any increase in memory.
    01-13-09 10:28 PM
    For all those who are confused, you do not have to delete the Vendor XML file if your with Sprint. Also, MMS is a provider service that is pushed to the device from your carrier. The OS has nothing to do with it.
    so we're better waiting for the Bold right?
    01-13-09 10:28 PM
    I have been running it since about 6pm today, its now 11:30pm, so far so good. Wish Sprint would enable MMS but that has nothing to do with the MMS, however, OS wise, works great so far!
    01-13-09 10:29 PM
    Seems like the upgrade is bitter sweet. Some have problems, some don't. I think I'll be among the FEW people to just wait for an official update. I might be tempted enough to upgrade a little later though.

01-13-09 10:39 PM
    You don't have an about screen because you didn't install voice activated dialing. It has nothing to do with the os version.

01-13-09 10:50 PM
545 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD