still downloading 92% left
    01-13-09 06:20 PM
    just finished and it looks like it dosent have mms but i had no problems with update and wanted to say thanks! just to let people know this was very easy to do and im not very knowledgable with this sort of thing.
    01-13-09 06:23 PM
    Has anyone tried this on a VZW curve yet? I do realize that it should not matter, but I wanted to double check.
    01-13-09 06:24 PM
    if i deleted the vendor file a few days ago, and i wanna upgrade to this, as a sprint customer will it matter if i have the vendor file at this point?
    01-13-09 06:25 PM
    Has anyone tried this on a VZW curve yet? I do realize that it should not matter, but I wanted to double check.
    There should be no problems with it, just remember to delete vendor.xml before you try to update.
    01-13-09 06:26 PM
    You do not need to delete the vendor file if you are with Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 06:27 PM

No, you don't, but he was asking about a VZW Curve
    01-13-09 06:28 PM

That's why I'm re-downlaoding from 12 Many link, because for some reason the other links file I had to delete the vendor.xml file first?
    01-13-09 06:29 PM
    OK, Once again, Do I need to back up my 3rd party apps if I'm installing the Sprint 4.5 onto a Sprint Curve ?
    01-13-09 06:31 PM
    doin the install now
    its on load JVM and system software
    how much longer am i lookin at for the pros here?
    01-13-09 06:31 PM
    OK, Once again, Do I need to back up my 3rd party apps if I'm installing the Sprint 4.5 onto a Sprint Curve ?
    It reinstalled all of mine. *shrugs*

Seems a bit zippier overall... I'm gonna have to play with it... Hopefully it doesn't have the speakerphone blast. I confirmed that the auto setting on the video camera is STILL broken...
    01-13-09 06:32 PM
    It can't hurt. You should always do a backup before doing any kind of update. Just so you know, though, the apploader automatically backs up all your 3rd party apps when you update.
    01-13-09 06:33 PM
    if i deleted the vendor file a few days ago, and i wanna upgrade to this, as a sprint customer will it matter if i have the vendor file at this point?
    The only time you need to worry about deleting the vendor.xml file is if you are trying to install another carrier's OS onto your phone. The absence of one isn't going to hinder you when you try to do the update. As a Sprint customer, it doesn't matter if you have one or not, since this is a Sprint update.
    01-13-09 06:36 PM
    I clicked on link to download and when I went to install it, it's in Chinese?
    01-13-09 06:36 PM
    Just wondering how many have started using it? Are you noticing any problems yet?
    01-13-09 06:37 PM
    It can't hurt. You should always do a backup before doing any kind of update. Just so you know, though, the apploader automatically backs up all your 3rd party apps when you update.
    OK. I tried doing the 3rd party back up like Crucial explained, but when I search files and folders for the folder with my PIN for the name, I can't find it. Any ideas ?
    01-13-09 06:38 PM
    Just wondering how many have started using it? Are you noticing any problems yet?
    I've been abusing the crap out of mine for about 2 hours now and I haven't found any problems yet. Seems much smoother and faster than .97 was.
    01-13-09 06:39 PM
    Dumb question will this work on a pearl

01-13-09 06:42 PM
    well mines waiting for device initialization
    01-13-09 06:42 PM
    I've been abusing the crap out of mine for about 2 hours now and I haven't found any problems yet. Seems much smoother and faster than .97 was.
    What are the benefits you are noticing?
    01-13-09 06:43 PM
    Pretty sure it was stated earlier somewhere that it's for the Curve 8330 only...
    01-13-09 06:44 PM

No, this is only for the Curve 8330
    01-13-09 06:44 PM

No it will not.
    01-13-09 06:45 PM
    What are the benefits you are noticing?
    If you're running 4.3 right now, it will add HTML email and Docs2Go support for Office documents.

I never had any of the bugs that others noticed in .97 (except I had a horrible leak in the battery... it only lasted about half as long as it did under 4.3), but the browser seems to respond and render pages faster, the camera responds faster (the auto setting doesn't seem to work though), and overall it seems more stable than with .97.

As far as the battery drain goes, I'll let you know in a day or two if I notice a difference.
    01-13-09 06:48 PM
    For all those who are confused, you do not have to delete the Vendor XML file if your with Sprint. Also, MMS is a provider service that is pushed to the device from your carrier. The OS has nothing to do with it.
    01-13-09 06:54 PM
545 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD