I can get the google sync app to work fine for my calendar but I cannot manage to get it to work with my contacts. I ALWAYS get this error

"Last Sync Failed: Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again. "

I signed out/ signed in again.. did everything it asked. I even deleted and re-installed google sync after a battery pull. I have also made sure my calendar / email was defaulted to my gmail account. Resent service books. Did a battery pull again, etc. Calendar always syncs but why wont my contacts??

Also, while loading my contacts from my palm to my BB, it doubled pretty much all of my contacts so i have two copies of everything. Could that be the problem?

I DID get a sync error after attempting to update contacts and it loaded all of them into my gmail contacts. Still the error message bothered me so I started deleting my duplicates from my phone. Got through about 100 of them and resynced... gmail reloaded the duplicates onto my BB instead of removing them from gmail. I'm pretty lost at this point. Any help??
    03-02-09 10:06 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me when I was trying to get it to work. Except for me it also trashed all the calendar entries from my address book. I tried for about a week to make it work before I finally gave up on.
    Sorry I can't help you, I just wanted to share my experiences.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 11:05 PM
    baah, okay. was this with the 8330 curve or the pearl? it works PERFECTLY on my storm and on my other 8330 curve. well actually nevermind.. i dont have contacts synced with either one of those...
    03-03-09 12:55 AM
    well i THINK i got it worked out. i completely erased ALL my contacts from the curve, updated it to the latest OS and then had it sync solely with what I had added to the gmail account (after going through and removing all of the duplicates) and it went through... so I dunno why that made a difference, but it did!
    03-03-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD