hi im new here.. sorry if this has been discussed already but i didnt seem to find anything..

anyways.. i can send a text to anyone on my contacts without an issue EXCEPT for my wife's phone. i can receive them from her but cannot seem to get her to receive any of my text( her phone receives text from everyone else too) is there anything i can do? any ideas also.. we are on the same calling plan.. IDK if that has anything to do with it or not..
    06-09-10 02:49 PM
    Try calling your phone carrier. They might be able to help you out.

And welcome to CrackBerry!
    06-09-10 02:53 PM
    thanks for the quick reply, will give that a shot and see what i come up with
    06-09-10 02:54 PM
    maybe she accidently blocked you by pushing a button or two without realizing it while she was trying to reply or something? just guessing here, but might be the case.
    06-09-10 03:47 PM
    i dont think thats the issue but just incase where is that located on a palm pre :/
    06-09-10 03:55 PM
    nope i just went to sprint.com and checked my block list theres no numbers on there
    06-09-10 04:10 PM
    Is there a error code that bounces back to you?
    06-09-10 04:17 PM
    Is there a error code that bounces back to you?
    nope, just sends on one phone, says it sent.. and nothing ever shows up on the other end. but its only when these 2 phones try to communicate.. everyone else can reach us and vice versa
    06-09-10 04:21 PM
    and since i called sprint.. my wife cannot text me anymore.. before i called them it was working as a 1 way text.. but not anymore
    06-09-10 04:23 PM
    Well you can try 3 easy options.
    1) hook up both phones to the desktop manager and perform updates.(it will do it automatically)
    2) try doing a battery pull.
    3) deleting each others contacts off of both phones, do a battery pull, and then have her trying to send a text to you, if it goes through then save her as a contact and then try to reply.

does your BB messenger work
    06-09-10 04:28 PM
    yea my bbm works to my buddy who has a tour.. ill give that a try and repost. brb
    06-09-10 04:31 PM
    i type the message to my number on her phone.. and once i hit send.. it just disappears.. never sends or anything.
    06-09-10 04:40 PM
    i type the message on my blackberry and send it to her phone it shows its sent.. and it never shows up on the other end.
    06-09-10 04:42 PM
    well i can only suggest hooking it up to the desktop manager or taking both phones to a service center.
    06-09-10 04:43 PM
    gonna try the desktop manager after dinner ill post in an hour or so with results
    06-09-10 04:53 PM
    did your wife have a BB BEFORE the pre?? heres my story:

i have had blackberrys since september, got my 8530 in jan and swore id never switch. WELL last month i was able to upgrade and palm pixi was on sale so i got it. well, a friend that i had been on her BB messenger tried to text me - i got nothing - i tried to text her - she got nothing. i called Sprint - they said she wasnt blocked and for her to call HER carrier to see if something was blocked - nothing was blocked on her account either. So i called sprint back, they opened a ticket to "fix the problem" - problem never got fixed. it was ONLY her that i couldnt text. i ended up going back to my 8530 anyways, but im wondering if Palm and Blackberry have something crazy going on, on there ends, now that im not alone?? maybe try calling blackberry or palm see if maybe theyve had problems like this before.

(note: not being able to text ONE person isnt what made me go back to my BB lol... i just didnt like the keyboard, or the OS on the Pixi. Im def a BB girl )
    06-09-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD