Is there anyway i can use this phone for VZW? if so does it require unlocking and any links to tuts would be super helpful.

thanks

EyeOne
    06-03-10 07:28 PM
    Impossible. Get a VZ 8530.
    06-03-10 07:28 PM
    not even if you unlock it or something?

what about a 8330? (my bud has both im trying to buy one)
    06-03-10 07:34 PM
    Impossible. You cannot activate VZ ESN's on Sprint no matter what you do, or vice versa.

They won't activate the ESN. Unlocking won't do anything and only works for using sim card enabled phones on gsm carriers anyways.
    06-03-10 07:36 PM
    Impossible. You cannot activate VZ ESN's on Sprint no matter what you do, or vice versa.

They won't activate the ESN. Unlocking won't do anything and only works for using sim card enabled phones on gsm carriers anyways.
    I thought you could unlock CDMA phones and use another CDMA carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 09:40 PM
    You can't 'unlock' CDMA devices, you can only flash them.
    This only works on certain carriers, like Cricket or MetroPCS.
    You need to purchase a Verizon 8530 which are free in some places with a new two year!
    06-03-10 09:47 PM
    I thought you could unlock CDMA phones and use another CDMA carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope, the only option on a 8530 is to flash it, but that is considered a no-no by all the major carriers. Also, Verizon and Sprint have basically said they will not allow an ESN from another carrier on their network, so even if you could flash it, you are still DOA. Several posters in the past have requested instructions for changing the ESN, but this is not only against forum rules/guidelines, but illegal here in the US.
    06-03-10 09:49 PM
    You can't 'unlock' CDMA devices, you can only flash them.
    And just like "flashing" an iPhone aka "jail breaking" it, all you're gonna do is brick it. My sister jail broke her iPhone and within an hour, it was already screwing up. The touch screen quit working and she could leave the iPhone on the counter and not touch it and it'd start dialing numbers and making calls on its own. She wound up having to get a new iPhone because of the problems jail breaking did to her original one.

Do what another poster said - go to VZW, get a new BB for free and have a 2 year contract. Call the 800 number first. I've had better luck sweet talking CSRs out of new phones over the phone than in person, unless I'm wearing something low cut and really drawl out my southern accent to a male CSR at the store.

IMO, the CSRs on the phone have more powers than CSRs in the stores as far as deals and promotions go.
    06-04-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD