As stated about, the phone wont load/play gif animations that i recieve in MMS messeges. What can I do to fix this?
    08-17-09 12:10 AM
    Did you try saving them to your phone before opening them?
    08-17-09 12:23 AM
    I sure did, but it saved it as a jpeg and not a gif. I tried to rename it and it still didnt work.
    08-17-09 12:25 AM
    When i sent it to my phone, the properties through sprint say it is a 5 image animation, and it works on my computer. Then when i send it, my phone says its only 1 slide or image, and it doesnt work.
    08-17-09 12:33 AM
    Try saving it to your media card.. My .gifs play just fine from it..
    08-17-09 12:35 AM
    how do i do that.
    08-17-09 12:39 AM
    alright i tried that and it didnt work either...i wonder if its a sprint issue.
    08-17-09 12:46 AM
    alright i tried that and it didnt work either...i wonder if its a sprint issue.
    Nope, not Sprint, gifs play for me.
    08-17-09 02:06 AM
    the gif was forwarded to me from another blackberry. I think that might be why it didnt work. I sent myself one via email and it worked fine. The other one was sent as an mms, and the phone only showed it as a jpeg. so I think it wasnt forwarded right.

Are gifs supposed to play with out being saved?
    08-17-09 02:09 AM
    the gif was forwarded to me from another blackberry. I think that might be why it didnt work. I sent myself one via email and it worked fine. The other one was sent as an mms, and the phone only showed it as a jpeg. so I think it wasnt forwarded right.

Are gifs supposed to play with out being saved?
    I just sent myself a gif as a attachment, then chose download. When it completed the gif played, without saving it.

**edit**

now looking though, it seems to have saved automatically to my media card.
    Last edited by Jim W; 08-17-09 at 02:19 AM.
    08-17-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD