I have a brand new Sprint Blackberry 8330 and I am not sure how to down load apps from the internet and then on to the Blackberry. I have tried several times and called my sprint rep at the store as well. Can someone please explain to me how I would do this. Is there any difference with all the apps that are out there that will or will not work with the Sprint 8330?

Thanks,

Bryan
    03-06-09 06:15 PM
    First you have to make sure the app is for the curve or you'll have problems. Second you need to download the Desktop Manager from the Blackberry.com website. Then you download the app from where ever and use the desktop manager>app loader to add it to your curve.
    03-06-09 06:20 PM
    Oh..also if you are using the browser from your Curve you can look for OTA links (over the air) and download the app directly to your phone. When you are out and about and not near your computer this is the way to go. Good luck and if you need help there are so many people here to help.
    03-06-09 06:21 PM
    Some apps ou download using the blackberry browser. If you see OTA thats what that means. Some other apps you have to download using your pc then open desktop manager and go to app loader, click add then browse to where you saved the app you downloaded and follow the steps from there. If you get the chance to, you should look in the blogs section of CB and serch for blackberry 101. Lots of great info there for you. Welcome to CB!
    03-06-09 06:23 PM
    Oh, and Hawkins makes a great point. You have to make sure the app you want is for your specific device and OS(operating system) IE 8330 curve OS version 4.3.0.10( Im sure its different than this). To find out what version OS you have go to options/about and its the third line down.
    03-06-09 06:25 PM
    You don't know how many time I have downloaded amazing themes for the Bold or the Storm only go crazy looking for them. lol. Now I know.
    03-06-09 06:43 PM
    thanks everyone!
    03-09-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD