I know there's the black bezel you can buy off cnn.cn. I actually bought one and now my 8900 looks great! I was wondering though, what if I just spray painted my OEM bezel black...wouldn't that just be the same? Does anyone have spray painting experience that could share some helpful hints and tips? Maybe I would like to do this for a friend of mine who loves my all black 8900.
    02-28-09 11:23 PM
    03-01-09 12:05 AM
    Thanks! Do you think I would need to sand down the OEM Silver Bezel before I start Spray Painting?
    03-01-09 03:06 AM
    Thanks! Do you think I would need to sand down the OEM Silver Bezel before I start Spray Painting?
    Yes you do; with the finest sand paper you can find.
    03-01-09 08:45 AM
    i havent done the 8900 yet i like how it looks stock for now lol. But i can tell you that yes you should def sand the chrome coating down before spray painting it. And best use a paint for plastic models.
    03-01-09 08:48 AM
    Wouldn't it better to use paint instead of spray painting it? Doesn't spray painted service chip easily usually?
    03-01-09 08:51 AM
    to my understanding the way you go about it is by sanding the original bevel down with extremely fine sandpaper, then applying at least two coats of your desired colour via spray paint, then two more coats of clear coat for protections..
    03-01-09 09:54 AM
    Sanding it first would be the way to go! I tried painting my Pearls side rails without sanding and the paint wouldn't stick right. Also I would recommend you use Krylon Fusion spray paint but make sure its specifcally for plastic parts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD