i spilt how milk on my blackberry and now everything works except for all the keys, the rollerball in the centre moves but cannot select and none of the side buttons work either
    does anyone have any ideas on how i can fix it, i love this phone
    06-10-10 06:57 PM
    Remove the battery ASAP.

Place the device in a bag full of rice for 24 - 72 hours to let it dry out.
    06-10-10 07:01 PM
    Remove the battery ASAP.

Place the device in a bag full of rice for 24 - 72 hours to let it dry out.
    I agree this could work for water... it dries, it's gone...

Milk thou will leave residue that will degrade and eventually damage the device. You might have to open it up for proper cleaning...

Good luck! Hope it recovers.

Sure gives "cry over spilled milk" a whole new meaning...
    06-10-10 08:16 PM
    Mountain Dew really sucks too,,,the phone gets really sticky for some time
    06-11-10 12:59 PM
    Haha milk, that's awesome..I get paranoid every time I go the bathroom my bb will fall into the toilet..but yeah just do what they said...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 03:00 AM
    I agree this could work for water... it dries, it's gone...

Milk thou will leave residue that will degrade and eventually damage the device. You might have to open it up for proper cleaning...

Good luck! Hope it recovers.

Sure gives "cry over spilled milk" a whole new meaning...
    How about spill water on it, after the milk. Therefore, the milk would be washed up and just dry it up (using the rice thingy).

xD
    06-12-10 07:11 PM
    How about spill water on it, after the milk. Therefore, the milk would be washed up and just dry it up (using the rice thingy).

xD
    I dearly hope you are kidding!
    06-12-10 07:34 PM
    I dearly hope you are kidding!
    I was just kidding. Who would do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 08:19 PM
    Putting it in the rice and all is good, but there's still going to be fat and residue all over your device's exterior and interior. Even worse is that it was boiling, allowing for deeper penetration of the liquid. After it's dry, it's probably going to smell bad too.
    06-12-10 10:29 PM
    Putting it in the rice and all is good, but there's still going to be fat and residue all over your device's exterior and interior. Even worse is that it was boiling, allowing for deeper penetration of the liquid. After it's dry, it's probably going to smell bad too.
    Good point...
    06-12-10 10:51 PM
    I get paranoid every time I go the bathroom my bb will fall into the toilet..but yeah just do what they said...
    Hah, so I'm not the only one with that fear after all. Always hold mine at arms length until I'm fully seated on the "throne".
    06-12-10 10:57 PM
    ^ LOOOOOOOOOL LMAO i never dropped mine in teh toilet, for better grip get a silicone case that **** will never fall out
    06-12-10 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD