i just switched from a blackberry 8800 to my new bb curve 8900 and would like to know how do i get special characters/ symbols for my bb messenger? please help me! thank you =)
    09-01-09 05:55 AM
    Not trying to be mean, but did you run the initial setup when you got the phone? They go through the whole typing thing. But since you asked politely, you press the "sym" key. Or you can hold the ALT key and press the corresponding key you want. So if you dont want the symbol screen to pop up and only want to add a slash, you would hold alt and then press 'G' etc...

Hope that answers the question and welcome to crackberry.
    09-01-09 06:02 AM
    madness...i was talking about the other different characters that everyone trades..ive seen many from the copyright symbol to a spade...etc...ive been trying to figure this out!
    09-01-09 06:05 AM
    madness...i was talking about the other different characters that everyone trades..ive seen many from the copyright symbol to a spade...etc...ive been trying to figure this out!
    You should have specified that earlier but no problem. Most people copy them and add them to their auto-text. I would tell you how to do it, but it will be a long post and so I'll post the link that will show you how to do it.

Mini 101: How To Get Symbols In Blackberry Messenger | CrackBerry.com

Let me know how it goes
    09-01-09 06:12 AM
    The Blackberry 101 Lessons should be your friend... even though you sound like you know the Blackberry world, it does not sound like you know it all... specifically for your question look at Mini 101: How To Get Symbols In Blackberry Messenger

Blackberry 101 lessons can be found under "Blackberry Help" at the to of every forum page... as well as the link in my signature below.
    09-01-09 06:14 AM
    thanks! i'll look through it
    09-01-09 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD