Does the speaker make an annoying rattle on your 8900?? Mine does. If I press against the plastic plate on the back of the phone above the speaker it prevents the rattling sound, but as soon as I let go its there again. Trying to figure out if its my phone or the design. Thoughts?
    06-01-09 08:27 PM
    Im an audiophile, and picking this up was one the first things i noticed with this phone. Now i dont put the speaker volume above a certain threshold since my sound has to be perfect, even coming from a cell phone speaker, with no rattles. I think its a problem with all the 8900's.
    06-01-09 11:42 PM
    Yea I'm a bit of an audiophile myself, which is why I found the rattle SOOOO annoying! If others have the same issue I guess I won't try to return the device. Maybe I can somehow tape down that plastic piece covering the camera to prevent it from rattling.
    06-02-09 08:52 AM
    same problem here. i love my phone but that is annoying. its seems that the door does not sit flush against that part near the camera. i have put a piece of paper as suggested by someone who had the issue with their BOLD. This has helped but makes the battery door bow out even more. I think once i put a protective cover on my phone I will forget about the bowing and have the sound issue fixed, but its annoying that they didn't craft the arts correctly.
    10-07-09 10:18 PM
    (not only an audiophile, also a musician)

My 8900 does not have a problem with a rattling sound; although the earphone (not speakerphone) speaker is distorting all the time once the volume during a call is set only a slight bit above 50%. Currently I use a headset to workaround this till I find a way to fix this speaker issue, it is really making my BlackBerry experience worse; I just can't hear the person at the other end with the volume set below 50% or above it (due to distortion)

Anyone else with this problem? I really love my 8900 otherwise, do you think buying a speaker part off eBay could fix this? I'm ready to do everything
    10-07-09 11:50 PM
    now that issue i am not having at all.
    10-08-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD