So when answering phone calls 75% my speakerphone turns on and then turns off a split second later. When the phone is next to my ear this can be quite painfull depending on who is calling me.

I have gotten good at avoiding it, but it is real annoying still, because I have to wait a few seconds befor I can talk.

Is this a known problem? Is my bb broken? Do I need to patch some firmware\software?
    08-19-09 01:38 PM
    I believe that is your os upgrade to the latest version.
    08-19-09 01:42 PM
    It's called a speaker blast. It's been talked about extensively. It usually was caused by older OS's. What OS are you running?
    08-19-09 01:43 PM
    If you are on OS 4.5.0.77, Verizon released an update about a week ago to 4.5.0.138.

To see your OS version, go to Options, About. Third line down.

You will be better off though upgrading to 4.5.0.169 which is a sticky thread at the top of this forum. It is a much better OS than .138
    08-19-09 01:49 PM
    Yeah search speakerblast on the forums...its a known issue. A newer os should fix the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 01:50 PM
    If you are on OS 4.5.0.77, Verizon released an update about a week ago to 4.5.0.138.

To see your OS version, go to Options, About. Third line down.

You will be better off though upgrading to 4.5.0.169 which is a sticky thread at the top of this forum. It is a much better OS than .138
    Thanks for all the quick replies guys.

Yea I'm on .77

I have to upgrade the os via a PC don't I? Or is there a way to just do it on the phone?
    08-19-09 02:11 PM
    Thanks for all the quick replies guys.

Yea I'm on .77

I have to upgrade the os via a PC don't I? Or is there a way to just do it on the phone?
    No OTA updates for OSs on Verizon, yes you need a PC and Desktop Manager Software. The software can be downloaded form blackberry.com if you need it.
    08-19-09 02:14 PM
    you need desktop mgr, and lates apploader from blackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:22 PM
    you need desktop mgr, and lates apploader from blackberry.com
    Apploader (Application Loader) comes with Desktop Manager.
    08-19-09 02:23 PM
    No OTA updates for OSs on Verizon, yes you need a PC and Desktop Manager Software. The software can be downloaded form blackberry.com if you need it.
    Thanks bro.
    08-19-09 02:26 PM
    No problem. The Desktop Manager software is also on the CD that came with your BB if you still have it around.
    08-19-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD