Hi,

Just got my curve today...and I am searching for the speakerphone and the button to enable it...I thought I saw photos with the speaker phone grill on the back side near the camera...but its NOT THERE . So where is it and how do I enable it....Don't tell me it doesn't have a speaker phone !!!
    11-21-07 10:42 PM
    Hi,

Just got my curve today...and I am searching for the speakerphone and the button to enable it...I thought I saw photos with the speaker phone grill on the back side near the camera...but its NOT THERE . So where is it and how do I enable it....Don't tell me it doesn't have a speaker phone !!!
    Yeah...don't freak out...I searched forever on my 8300 until I found it.

Lower-right key to the left of the return key, and it should be two-tone. It has a tiny speaker icon on it along with a $-symbol...on the bottom row of keys.

Got it? Press that, and voila...speaker phone!! Hit again...speakerphone off.
    11-21-07 10:46 PM
    Thanks !!!!... .

I guess there will be more such surprises
    11-21-07 11:03 PM
    Thanks !!!!... .

I guess there will be more such surprises
    It's what makes the BlackBerry something that I am glad I came back to...

...everytime I stumble upon a shortcut, or I find something else new that I didn't know the day before, it makes me smile.
    11-21-07 11:20 PM
    in a call press the trackball, the option you would select if you pressed the ball again is mute. scroll down one and select enable speakerpone. Or press the key to the right of M.
    11-23-07 05:55 PM
    I was just looking for the speakerphone too. I have so much fun with this BB Curve device that it makes my iPhone pale in comparison. Last night I followed my Red Sox while I was sitting in a hotel (I used MLB Gameday). That was extremely cool. I then read the paper and played a game or two -- not to mention checked my email.

Awesome!
    07-23-08 04:38 PM
    The speaker "grill" is located at the top of the unit. It is two slits. I like how its at the top instead of the back of the phone because if it was on the back, it would be constantly muffled.
    07-23-08 05:35 PM
    The key with the $ and speaker on it. To the left of the return key just above the right shift key.

I know it took me awhile to get it also. I was like what key.

Happy Crackberring!
    =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 05:51 PM
    thanks guys. The $ key or click the trackball during a call. that's brilliant. It was driving me crazy trying to find it.
    09-29-08 11:10 PM
    Those grills are covered up by my car hands free holder, but still seems to work okay. Thanks so much for these posts, been driving me mad!
    02-22-09 03:59 AM
    Wow, I always wondered where I was suppose to push to go on speaker-phone. I always use the trackball and scrolled down!! Guess if you read the forum enough you learn something everyday.
    02-22-09 08:07 AM
    This is one of mybiggest criticisms against Blackberry. I love mine for many other reasons, but the proprietary nature of the device is really a problem to me. Want to change your profile quickly to silent? Nokia = hit top buton, silent. Unmute same thing. On BB = menu, profiles (which btw is a speaker icon??), scroll to HIDDEN item Advanced, choose profile there. Etc etc ... Also, mpegs created on my BB will not play on my PC. Plus, if I go to address book and search a name ... next time I go to addressbook that name is there and I have to backspace it out so I can use the addressbook again.

Other cell phones all follow a certain convention ... I've owned many brands and the BB is just too different, have to constantly search online to find very simple operations.
    03-09-09 10:16 AM
    I tried using the speakerphone button and also using the tracking ball. Neither turned on my speakerphone...now what? DOing an online training and my ear is toast!
    Thanks,
    Heather
    11-14-09 04:17 PM
    I love my new BB Purple Curve but I am a picture takin fool and discovered no flash, was in the programs trying to find it, discovered that there is no flash on the phone for pictures Why in the **** would they not put a flash? My f'n pics come out lookin like crap now, had the BB Pearl and it's gotta flash, pics always came out perfect. Camera broke an Im saving up for a new one but having a good camera on ur phone is always a plus! Pug
    08-13-10 03:07 PM
    hey guys, i have the same problem too i even used that button and the sound worked but it was coming out of the phones speaker that you use to listen while talking not the large speaker thats on the top of the phone to listen to music very loud. it was working fine until i replaced the housing to my blackberry curve 8320 and after replacing it, i noticed when i used the vidcam, the screen would stay on vid cam feed even when i exited out to home page or even turned it off! i was like crap..... and then the speaker doesnt work so i cant hear music nor hear ringtones etc. but the other speaker works fine since i can hear ppl as i talk. so any suggestions? should i open it up again?
    10-22-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD