Hello!

I've tried searching the forums for answers to my questions, but nothing I've found so far has helped, so please forgive me if these questions have been answered somewhere.

1. I (stupidly) tried to download an application I already had. (Google maps) The app downloaded, but didn't install, and now I want to find the download and delete it. I have an 8330, so I've seen that there is no "download" folder to search...and looking in Media doesn't give me the option for "extras" (or whatever is supposed to be there, instead.)

2. I've noticed that when I used BlackBerry maps, that some of the maps aren't quite correct. Is there a way to download newer maps for that app?

Thanks for any help you can send my way!

Tee
    08-10-09 04:25 PM
    If the app didn't install then there is nothing to delete.

I believe the only way to update BBMaps is to upgrade your OS but I don't know if the newer versions have updated maps or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 04:33 PM
    Oh, so there isn't random downloaded data taking up space somewhere on my BB? Very cool. Thanks.

And bummer re: the BBMaps. I mean, both times it has messed up, we knew the area and knew to NOT make the incorrect turns...but I guess it is rather a minor inconvenience after all.

Thanks again!
    08-10-09 04:40 PM
    No if you don't install the app the download just deletes.

I don't know if RIM updates the maps used in BBMaps or how accurate it is because honestly I never use it.

You're welcome

08-10-09 04:59 PM
    I've found that the Google Maps app is better for actual routung and driving directions, whereas I prefer BB Maps if I just need a map of my surrounding area.

08-10-09 05:40 PM
    Yeah, I've found that to be true, as well, jacksong. Now if I could just get Google maps to talk to me while I was driving, it would be just about perfect!
    08-10-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD