Hello.

1st and foremost. I love the forums, and the store. Best thing I've found since I bought my first BB.

2nd.

I have posted something similar to this before, but it seems to be a bit more troubling now.

Games just don't seem to run on my BB. Last time I posted about Brickbreaker, and the free pacman running laggy or "stuttering" while playing the game. Lots of times in Brickbreaker it just out and out causes me to miss the ball. It'll be going on direction one second, lag out, and by the time the game "responds" or "catches up" the ball has wasted a life.

Well so I thought maybe it's just those game.

I downloaded Outbreak, and it won't even seem to start. Just sits at the Outbreak Control screen. With the Magmic logo in the bottom left.

Is something wrong with my BB? Any way to check it's performance?

Currently my status says:

File Free: 10825560
    File Total:54919168

Thanks again for any help.

-D
    03-18-08 11:35 AM
    You are currently at 10mb iam running at a constant 21mb free. Do a search for John clarks thread on maximizing performance. Pictures and ring tones take a lot of memory. Not sure if you have any but you should invest in an sd card and transfer all your pics music and Ringtones to it. Also make sure you close programs after you use them. It seems you just have a lack of memory to play the games. I have quite a few programs on my bb and still have 21mb free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 11:43 AM
    Yeah I bought the 1 gig card. I don't plan to keep many song/ringtones on here. I am not big on songs etc as ring tones. And I have an 80gig Ipod. So videos, music, covered there.

That being said, I kinda figured 1 gig would be plenty for a few pictures, proggies, and the like.

Also I love that guide. Thanks for the heads up on that.

-D
    03-18-08 11:48 AM
    You are currently at 10mb iam running at a constant 21mb free. Do a search for John clarks thread on maximizing performance. Pictures and ring tones take a lot of memory. Not sure if you have any but you should invest in an sd card and transfer all your pics music and Ringtones to it. Also make sure you close programs after you use them. It seems you just have a lack of memory to play the games. I have quite a few programs on my bb and still have 21mb free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you rule bro
    03-19-08 02:28 PM
    Yeah I bought the 1 gig card. I don't plan to keep many song/ringtones on here. I am not big on songs etc as ring tones. And I have an 80gig Ipod. So videos, music, covered there.

That being said, I kinda figured 1 gig would be plenty for a few pictures, proggies, and the like.

Also I love that guide. Thanks for the heads up on that.

-D

Unfortunately, BB used device memory to run "proggies" and the like, not your Memory card.

BB only have very limited device memory ( 64Mb before OS),your actual available device memory is only about ~21 mb to ~27mb ( depending your setup for Email, SMS, calender,BBM, etc) before any additional 3rd party programs (like games, Viigo, Google Map) is added.

You need to optimize your memory, here are some tips
    ( note: #2, from JC is the best and ultimate way, but it is not for the faint of heart )

1. from Sunkast
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/hel...all-log-23818/

2. from JC
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    03-19-08 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD