No one seems to know but I know you BB geniuses out there can help! My phone stays off when a call/ msg comes in. So if its on silent when im at work, Ill never know when a msg comes in. Please, someone has to know how to fix this!!!!????
    09-07-08 07:54 PM
    Mine automatically comes on when a call is coming in, as for text msgs, I downloaded SMS Alerts that has it light up for a set amt of time (of your choice)

Are all your settings in your profile correct? what profile is it set on?
    09-07-08 07:57 PM
    Sorry SMS Display On
    09-07-08 07:58 PM
    I have it on Loud? Im not sure, I have been in the profiles and everything but I dont see a specific option for your back light to come on...
    09-07-08 08:28 PM
    OK, for the record, the screen should only light up when a call comes in. You're saying that doesn't happen?

No BB lights up for any other incoming functions, As Rachel said, there is a special app to download and install that will allow this, BUT, let's clear up your first issue.

Again, when there is an incoming call, your screen does not light up? And, you are NOT using Standby or Locked modes correct?
    09-07-08 08:31 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    09-07-08 08:34 PM
    Yes I've done a battery pull and it still doesn't work.

Ok so yeah, it doesnt light up when incoming calls come in as well as incomin texts.

If you guys have any ideas, thanks!
    09-07-08 08:43 PM
    You're NOT in Standby mode? Or Locked Mode?
    09-07-08 08:44 PM
    Just a thought, is your backlight setting all the way up? not turned down is it?
    09-07-08 08:46 PM
    I dont think Im in standby mode, I know its not locked...how do i check for standby? And the backlight setting?
    09-07-08 09:10 PM
    Theres no option to set it aup...it just has an option to set it for a certain amount of minutes before it turns off...
    09-07-08 09:17 PM
    Standby would be from pressing the mute button found on the top edge of the device. If you're not sure, you probably aren't using it.

I'm tapped on this one I think.
    09-07-08 09:17 PM
    Don't bother googling the problem, you only get this thread!! lol
    09-07-08 09:20 PM
    Theres no option to set it aup...it just has an option to set it for a certain amount of minutes before it turns off...
    You can dim the backlight or make it brighter.
    09-07-08 09:20 PM
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight brightness
    09-07-08 09:21 PM
    ok so pressing the standby button (again I guess) worked!!! However it doesnt light up when incoming txts comes in like all other phones!!! But thanks guys!!
    09-07-08 09:54 PM
    ok so pressing the standby button (again I guess) worked!!! However it doesnt light up when incoming txts comes in like all other phones!!! But thanks guys!!
    Again, Blackberries do NOT light up for any function OTHER than an incoming phone call.
    However, if you scroll to the top of the thread, another user made a suggestion about how you can make that happen.
    09-07-08 11:27 PM
    there is an option to have your light lite up -
    go to options
    screen/keyboard
    go down to led coverage indicator - put to on
    so when you have a message or missed call your light will show red - other than that it will show green
    Is this what you mean?
    09-08-08 01:12 AM
    go to options
    screen/keyboard
    so when you have a message or missed call your light will show red - other than that it will show green
    Is this what you mean?
    No I was talking about the screen.

I figured out from several people that its not going to happen! But its cool, thanks for all the tips, atleast it lights up on calls now.
    09-08-08 01:15 AM
    go to options
    screen/keyboard
    Is this what you mean?
    My LED light shows red when I have a message or missed call, even if it is set to off. I think setting it to on just shows you the continuous green flash so you know the phone is on.

breezbbcurve - does your light blink red when you have a message? I know it's kinda subtle (and wont catch your eye like having the entire screen light up) but at least you can look for the red blink to see if you have a new message.
    09-08-08 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD