I recently moved to BB 8520. Some queries:

1. Is there ANY way to transfer SMS from Nokia E71 to BB? I was successfully able to transfer contacts and calendar entries via Outlook, but not SMS

2. What are the essential apps for BB? Any list of 'must-haves'?

3. I'm looking for these software, which I had on E71 and bitterly miss on BB:

a) Task manager / to kill open apps (was using 'Handy Taskman')
    b) Call blacklister (was using 'Best Blacklist')
    c) Automatic Profile switcher based on time (was using 'Handy Profiles')
    d) Free equivalent of 'BerryBuzz' (I'm currently on the trial version to see functionality)
    e) Auto Keylock / based on time (was using 'AutoLock' for Symbian)

4. Please also suggest a good holster / carrying case. I've put on a Capdase cover, but want to have a holster to utilize 'in-holster' settings and keep the device safe

5. THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION:
    Is there a software that I can use for sending SMS through my laptop? I used to connect my E71 to my laptop (either using the cable or Bluetooth) and use PC Suite to send SMS. It saves a lot of time and effort.

However, BB Desktop Manager doesn't have that option. I tried 'Blurts' but it doesn't work for me. Please suggest some software. Even if it's paid, I'm ok to purchase it.
    06-08-10 11:04 AM
    Apps depends on what you want to do. Tell us what you want to do and we'll point you the apps we think best suit those needs.

EDIT: This was murder finding! CrackBerry MUST rebuild the search function! Pointless telling people to search when I had a hard time finding a thread I knew what terms to use!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/po...0-here-456585/

I recently moved to BB 8520. Some queries:
    4. Please also suggest a good holster / carrying case. I've put on a Capdase cover, but want to have a holster to utilize 'in-holster' settings and keep the device safe
    Amazon.com: OEM Blackberry Curve 8900 Pocket Case Pouch Black: Cell Phones &

This is the one I have.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-08-10 at 11:47 AM.
    06-08-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD