I've read from a few sites that the official release of 4.5 is in september does anyone know if this is correct?
    07-05-08 02:42 PM
    It doesn't really matter, beta 4.5.0.46 and it works just fine. I wouldn't hold my breath for he "official" 4.5 release, looks like it's never going to happen.
    07-05-08 02:45 PM
    im getting me 8320 soon and prolly gonna load the .46 beta on it, is it stable? any bugs?
    07-05-08 02:52 PM
    beta 4.5.0.46 and it works just fine.
    thats good to hear cause im about to put .46 on my berry
    07-05-08 02:53 PM
    thats good to hear cause im about to put .46 on my berry
    Great! You'll like it. I have tried all the previous beta releases and .46 is by far the best IMO.
    07-05-08 02:56 PM
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing as well but dont know if i really should. The only reason i want the 4.5 is for video recording. I don't really get too technical on my curve.
    07-05-08 02:58 PM
    Great! You'll like it. I have tried all the previous beta releases and .46 is by far the best IMO.

does it *crosses fingers* have a louder ringer volume?

i kinda miss my 4.2 ringer volume
    07-05-08 02:58 PM
    It doesn't really matter, beta 4.5.0.46 and it works just fine. I wouldn't hold my breath for he "official" 4.5 release, looks like it's never going to happen.
    Judging from all the posts regarding this BETA it is still problematic to many users to be fair.......that being said for many users the bugginess is offset by the perceived value in that O/S.............

Lastly......to state that "I wouldn't hold my breath for he "official" 4.5 release, looks like it's never going to happen" is irresponsible........sans official announcement of the beta's demise..........it IS a safe bet that a polished version will be on the way..........at least until RIM says otherwise.....
    07-05-08 03:05 PM
    i'm just glad he said it runs well on his 8320, hopefully it will for me too...
    07-05-08 03:07 PM
    does it *crosses fingers* have a louder ringer volume?

i kinda miss my 4.2 ringer volume
    Ringer volume is just fine. MP3 volume can be better.
    07-05-08 03:18 PM
    Judging from all the posts regarding this BETA it is still problematic to many users to be fair.......that being said for many users the bugginess is offset by the perceived value in that O/S.............

Lastly......to state that "I wouldn't hold my breath for he "official" 4.5 release, looks like it's never going to happen" is irresponsible........sans official announcement of the beta's demise..........it IS a safe bet that a polished version will be on the way..........at least until RIM says otherwise.....
    English please and.........Whatever!
    07-05-08 03:19 PM
    lol

yay for ringer volume!!!

not so worried about mp3 volume cause i stream to a set of bluetooth speakers
    07-05-08 03:25 PM
    You know, I had read all the praises for .46, so I moved from .44... The main reason being the ringer volume... I found .46 was just as bad as .44... A few other bugs I had found: Rebooting when I was a few seconds into a phone call (happened 3 times in 2 days), random reboots, memory leak (but "slightly" better than .44, 5 second lag with white screen after taking a pic... I went back to 4.2 because I can't have my phone rebooting during calls... (I use it for work)... Just wanted to post my experience since after all I read I was pretty sure it was going to be solid... It seemed solid for the first few days, but slowly I started to find little things here and there... I'd say in my opinion .44 was a bit more solid for me... YMMV...
    07-05-08 04:17 PM

English may be a wee bit advanced for you........perhaps I may suggest hooked on phonics and/or an evening ESL class........it was pretty plainly written so that anyone with a modicum of reading skill and/or critical thinking skill capacity would find it easy to understand.......

My Degrees do not come from Fisher Price University........

DOLT
    07-05-08 04:23 PM
    JD914

does yours reboot during calls, cause i dont want all that
    07-05-08 04:24 PM
    JD914

does yours reboot during calls, cause i dont want all that
    No rebooting so far.
    07-05-08 04:56 PM

My Degrees do not come from Fisher Price University........

DOLT
    Well anyone can buy an online degree now a days, it doesn't particularly mean anything. In your case it looks like your education did you no good because your grammar stinks as well. Get back on the banana boat and get a clue.
    Last edited by JD914; 07-05-08 at 05:07 PM.
    07-05-08 04:59 PM
    lol at the verbal jabs being thrown!! Lets not get too worked up over this. Im still deciding whether i should do it or not. Im not liking the white screen after pictures or the rebooting on its own.
    07-05-08 05:10 PM
    i just updated

hope i dont reset during calls

lol
    07-05-08 05:39 PM
    so i called it 3 times and answered... no reset
    07-05-08 05:58 PM

I completely understood what Mofo said. And personally, just because the beta works for some, there are those it hasnt done a d@mn thing for. There are people all over this forum reverting back to "official" OS and waiting for "official" releases!

You mad cause you're the one he quoted? It was you who suggested that the official doesnt look like it's going to happen; all he did was state the opposite. Can you point out anywhere in his comment a foreign language cause its clearly English?!?
    07-05-08 06:07 PM
    Thanks for havin meh back...................I just CHOSE to wait for the official release.......I am happy with my BB and really just do not want to inflict any drama between the Berry and I...........

Again............some people choose to roll the dice and go BETA.......good luck if you are one of them..........I hope you have no issues......

Make it a righteously incredible weekend............

Speaking of Berry...................maybe I should name mine Halle?
    07-05-08 06:37 PM
    Speaking of Berry...................maybe I should name mine Halle?
    oh wow

thats a bit of a stetch, either that (and i'm not ruling it out) but i might be kinda dumb
    07-05-08 08:29 PM
    I tried .46 but it leaked memory too fast for me. Went back to .44. But it is a BETA, meaning you don't know how yours will react. They all seem to be different. My .44 I'm running now has less memory loss than .46 by alot but more than my previous .44 that got deleted from my laptop.
    07-05-08 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD