I've been noticing my BB is rebooting randomly at REALLY inconvenient times and I don't know how to make it stop... nor do I know what's causing it. Somebody help me out!!!

(side note: I bought my mom a Bold and she told me her's has been doing it as well since she bought it 2 months ago. Anybody have a general solution?)
    08-12-09 09:51 PM
    Do you have memory card in there? If you do, take it out and see if the issue remains. I have seen in it the past where a memory card causes a BB to randomly reboot itself. I transfered the data to my hard drive, used a Micro SD card adapter and formatted it FAT32 in my laptop, and then put it back with the data on it.
    08-12-09 09:56 PM
    Thanks I'm gonna have to try that.
    08-13-09 12:21 AM
    Do you have memory card in there? If you do, take it out and see if the issue remains. I have seen in it the past where a memory card causes a BB to randomly reboot itself. I transfered the data to my hard drive, used a Micro SD card adapter and formatted it FAT32 in my laptop, and then put it back with the data on it.
    I had that problem as well; doing this fixed it.
    08-13-09 12:36 AM
    if it doesnt fix your issue, let us know what OS you are running. an update to the most recent stable one could fix it too. my Bold, with its original AT&T OS always rebooted itself. an update to .266 stopped that issue.
    08-13-09 04:54 AM
    I've been noticing my BB is rebooting randomly at REALLY inconvenient times and I don't know how to make it stop... nor do I know what's causing it. Somebody help me out!!!

(side note: I bought my mom a Bold and she told me her's has been doing it as well since she bought it 2 months ago. Anybody have a general solution?)
    i had received a replacement phone that rebooted itself 4x right out of the box. T- Mobile sent me yet another replacement phone next day free of shipping costs. It sounds like the both of you have defective devices, as long as there isnt a beta OS installed in the phone you can call your service providers and have them send out replacement devices.
    08-13-09 11:10 AM
    I have the same problem with a .231. Also noticed that its been really slow when sending texts. I always have to resend it.

Could it be that there is also a problem with the memory card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:46 PM
    Well I'm using the most recent OS that t-mobile offers. I'm about to try to format this SD Card and if that doesn't fix it... I'll try to reinstall the OS. And if THAT won't work... I'll be requesting a new phone. I hate switching pins though!!!
    08-16-09 02:54 PM
    i am having this similar issue.
    is it or can it possibly be from running os 5 100 beta?
    08-16-09 08:36 PM
    I did have a few issues with OS 5. I'm back on 7.7.0.148
    08-17-09 07:42 AM
    my friend having similar issue as well. =(
    08-17-09 08:31 AM
    I did have a few issues with OS 5. I'm back on 7.7.0.148
    Back to 7.7.0.148 wow!! that too in 2009!! lol! Are you from Mars? That technology on Earth hasn't been researched yet!

Just kidding, Bro!
    08-17-09 10:32 AM
    Mine is doing it too. I'm running RIM's latest OS from T-Mobile. I don't why it happens. It's completely random too. It's annoying as ****...This did not happen before I upgraded to their latest OS.
    08-20-09 06:28 PM
    It just happened again! What the **** is going on?!
    08-20-09 08:14 PM
    I have the same issue w\ my BB. I was wondering if any of these worked for you. Have I v4.6.1.231 on my 8900 and I think this is the most recent version. I too have a Mini SD card in my BB. Unfortunately, I do not remember if the rebooting started before or after I installed the mini SD card..
    Any insight would appreciated...

PS. this is my first post..

Well I'm using the most recent OS that t-mobile offers. I'm about to try to format this SD Card and if that doesn't fix it... I'll try to reinstall the OS. And if THAT won't work... I'll be requesting a new phone. I hate switching pins though!!!
    08-20-09 11:23 PM
    this happened to me today but only once. cant wait to get rid of this crap
    08-20-09 11:28 PM
    So did reformating the sd card work for you? I had the same issue on my 8320 when upgrading the os way back...reformating the sd worked...same thing was happening when I got my 8900...reformated the sd and good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD