as i was saying, i downloaded it and for some reason i click on its icon and it says "uncaught exception:java.lang.illegalArgumentException"
    and in the profiles its not an option what do i do to get it to work??
    i need this because i dont like the vibrate then ring, for such an amazing phone the lack of vibrating while ringing was a shock well help please?
    01-31-09 11:45 AM
    There is info for this error on RIMs tech site, but not for the circumstance in which you got it. Interesting. The ones I found are for taking pitcures or sending an SMS.

Here is the resolution for both issues.

Not sure if this will work for you though.

Environment
    BlackBerry� devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    When attempting to send Short Message Service (SMS) messages from the BlackBerry device, the BlackBerry device user receives the following Java� error:

uncaught exception java.lang.illegal argument exception

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    First, perform a full backup of the BlackBerry device data:

Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer using the USB cable.
    Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager, and then double-click Backup and Restore.
    Click Backup.
    Save the backup file.
    Run the application loader tool and erase all data on the BlackBerry device:

In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    Click Next.
    On the Device Security Password screen, type the BlackBerry device security password, and then click Next.
    On the Device Application Selection screen, click Next.
    On the Completing the Application Loader Wizard screen, click Advanced. The Device Data Preservation screen is displayed.
    Select the Erase all application data check box, and then click Next.
    Select Do not automatically back up and restore the device application data during the loading process, and then click Next.
    Click Finish. The BlackBerry device resets. This might take several minutes.
    Warning: Once the BlackBerry device is backed up, do not restore the data.

Additional Information
    If the issue persists:

Test using a different Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card in the BlackBerry device
    Test using the existing SIM card in a different BlackBerry device
    01-31-09 11:54 AM
    thank youuu! i thought there'd be a simple solution though ill just delete the app, its not worth all that hassle but this will be very useful to others with my problem, thank youuuuuu
    01-31-09 12:03 PM
    as i was saying, i downloaded it and for some reason i click on its icon and it says "uncaught exception:java.lang.illegalArgumentException"
    and in the profiles its not an option what do i do to get it to work??
    i need this because i dont like the vibrate then ring, for such an amazing phone the lack of vibrating while ringing was a shock well help please?
    I had the same problem - after doing some searching I found the this version(0.0.12):

http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/20090126/BuzzMe.jad

I deleted the other one and installed the one listed above and it worked perfect on my 8310. No settings, no adjustments or anything. Just install it and it works.

David
    01-31-09 12:58 PM
    Keep in mind that this is a business phone guys. It is design for working professionals. If your in a meeting, and your phone rings and start playing "drop it like its hot", you might be slightly embarrassed. It vibrates to inform you that your ringtone is about to go off, saving you from untimely embarrassment.
    01-31-09 01:02 PM
    has anyone downloaded buzzme on their 8330 and it worked?!?! (i'm running 4.5.077)

i downloaded the above version and 2 others in the original thread and none have worked!!!

i really want this app can some help me?!?! lol
    01-31-09 01:28 PM
    Keep in mind that this is a business phone guys. It is design for working professionals. If your in a meeting, and your phone rings and start playing "drop it like its hot", you might be slightly embarrassed. It vibrates to inform you that your ringtone is about to go off, saving you from untimely embarrassment.
    Hilarious but true...
    01-31-09 01:30 PM
    I had the same problem - after doing some searching I found the this version(0.0.12):

http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/20090126/BuzzMe.jad

I deleted the other one and installed the one listed above and it worked perfect on my 8310. No settings, no adjustments or anything. Just install it and it works.

David
    that one isn't working for me neither

i can't get this god forsaken app to work on my phone!!!!! help!!!!! lol
    01-31-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD