I got a sweet deat on the frost 8520 yesterday. 200 dollars brand new, never used straight out the box with all software, accesssories etc. So far I am noticing much faster speeds connecting to the web and the touch pad is SWEET! Ive heard some negative comments about this device and maybe im just too ignorant to know better, but Im loving it so far.
    08-15-09 10:46 AM
    Probably most comments are those dissatisfied with the 'cheaper' form factor. Looks to be aq nice device for folks who don't need all of the bells and whistles. Congratz!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:53 AM
    I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and have had no problems and I think it's a great device. Granted I do believe it is an entry level device as most would say but like the previous poster if you don't really need or want all the bells and whistles it's a great phone. I myself will be upgrading when the new Tmo comes out but my girlfriend who's new to BB will keep it she loves it.
    08-15-09 11:35 AM
    I agree that it is a great device. It may not cost a lot of money, and it may not have exactly all the features that the Tour has but it is a cool BlackBerry after all.

The only thing I dont like about it so far is the led light. It is not bright enough. Half the time I cant see if its blinking or not.
    08-15-09 11:53 AM
    I really like the E71x-like body style.The speaker at the top plays music better than those BBs with the speaker on the top side. The real problem is T-Mobile's corporate store pricing.The 8520 needs to priced more than $20 less than the 8900.Wal-Mart's price of less than $50 is about right.

08-15-09 11:57 AM
    Don't forget the screen is sub-par compared to the Tour.

08-15-09 12:28 PM
    I really like the E71x-like body style.The speaker at the top plays music better than those BBs with the speaker on the top side. The real problem is T-Mobile's corporate store pricing.The 8520 needs to priced more than $20 less than the 8900.Wal-Mart's price of less than $50 is about right.

I agree with you on the pricing. It's a decent phone in a pinch if you're going to end up paying retail. I wouldn't use an upgrade on it, though, when you can get the 8900 for just a little bit more.
    08-16-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD