Sometimes when I'm texting someone I got to open the my SMS conversation with them and it won't open. I click it and it just won't open. What is the issue with this? Any fixes to it? I have the curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.654 if that has anything to do with it.
    06-15-10 04:51 PM
    Sometimes when I'm texting someone I got to open the my SMS conversation with them and it won't open. I click it and it just won't open. What is the issue with this? Any fixes to it? I have the curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.654 if that has anything to do with it.
    I had the same problem with some Tour 9630 hybrids. There are two ways to fix it. You can delete the SMS thread (which is no good because it deletes the SMS you're trying to read) or do a re-boot (alt-right shift-del). The re-boot seems to re-sort the SMS threads on your BB and makes them clickable.
    06-15-10 04:55 PM
    I have this problem as well sometimes. With BBM and SMS. Everytime it happens the conversation is really long. My way around it is..blackberry button-compose sms text and select the contact it came from. That will open the text for you. Read the text and then delete it.
    06-15-10 04:59 PM
    OKay, that's great! I don't mind doing a re-boot, but I am glad I don't have to reload the OS. That would make me un-happy.
    06-15-10 05:00 PM
    I have the same problem on occasion. It's very annoying. I usually reboot and that fixes it. Next time I will have to try Helicrewchief's suggestion.
    06-15-10 05:02 PM
    On my Bold 9000 I got rid of this with one of the latest OS upgrades, but my 9700 is doing the same thing on OS 5.0.0.593 .
    06-15-10 05:05 PM
    I have this problem as well sometimes. With BBM and SMS. Everytime it happens the conversation is really long. My way around it is..blackberry button-compose sms text and select the contact it came from. That will open the text for you. Read the text and then delete it.
    This works too!

I forgot about that. It's been a while since I've used a hybrid or leak with the SMS bug.

Another caveat:

I find the bug is much less frequent if you keep your SMS threads small. I try to go an delete the threads every once in a while to keep them relatively short. This will also slightly decrease your boot times since your BB has to re-sort the SMS threads after each start.
    06-15-10 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD