so with my 8530 ill be texting my friend and then ill go to type my message and when i enter it sometimes it doesnt show up, and then sometimes if i try to scroll up to see the earlier messages and then try to scroll back down, it wont let me scroll all the way back down, so then i click back and then try to go into that chat with the person and it wont even let me in, and if it does it takes forever. tried a battery pull, but it didnt help.
    05-30-10 08:11 PM
    Sounds like you need to delete your text messages. Try not to have huge text conversations because the phone does choke when it has to load all the messages prior to the newest. Try deleting them, then check back in here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 08:20 PM
    thanks nathan!
    05-30-10 09:26 PM
    You're welcome! I hope/hoped it works/worked for ya - phew that was confusing. Post back if you have any further issues.

05-30-10 09:48 PM
    well i think that its still doing it even though i went ahead and deleted all messages, we'll see what happens tomorrow, ill report back
    05-31-10 10:26 PM
    Updating to the latest OS would probably fix that. Mine doesn't do that even though I have a ton of SMS messages stored in my phone.
    06-01-10 05:43 AM
    Where do I find sent messages on the 8520 curve?
    06-01-10 06:44 AM
    Where do I find sent messages on the 8520 curve?
    Should be in your message folder unless you have saved them. If so, then click the BB key and open saved messages. Just to be sure, what OS are you running on your 8520?
    06-01-10 09:24 PM
    i have the latest .654 OS
    06-01-10 10:12 PM
    i have the latest .654 OS
    Well I will have to let someone else answer as I haven't seen the structure of the 5.0 OS yet, still on 4.6 due to BES. But if you go to your SMS folder, are any messages listed? If you click to open one of them, is not the entire conversation listed in chronological order? The 5.0 OS has threaded SMS and is different than what is on the 4.6 OS.
    06-01-10 10:47 PM
    Sounds like to me your phone is choking on memory. Hmm which would be odd for these phones. I too, can have very large text conversations with people w/o issues. Do you happen to be pulling down data when these things happen, such as an email or facebook notification or something along those lines? Also, if you surf the internet a lot, you might want to check into deleting all of your history and caches and such. Has this only been happening since you did the upgrade?

06-02-10 12:21 AM
    i believe its only been happening after the OS upgrade. And now the other day i was in the middle of a text and then Pocket Express quickly showed up on the screen and started booting!!
    06-04-10 02:49 PM
    Also -- When i look at the messages it says i received them at a totally different time then when they were actually received / sent.
    06-04-10 02:52 PM
    i have similar issues with mine... its only been since i upgraded to os 5... i just have to delete threads fairly regularly if i'm texting alot... its a bit of a pain since sometimes i dont expect it then i cant see what was sent... i don't surf much at all texting and phone is most of what i use it for other than bbm... and i regularly clear the device memory and clear the log so its not like i'm getting low on memory... i have a minimal amount of apps as well
    06-04-10 09:09 PM
    I only noticed a similar issue recently. More frequent reboots usually do the job for me. I also just started using crunchSMS and so far am pretty happy with it. It's available for free from the appWorld.

06-04-10 11:24 PM
    yeah i saw crunchSMS, not sure if i want to go for it or not, probably cant hurt. also i barley have any apps downloaded and sometimes when i exit from a message chat and try to click back to that message it wont let me, and it just sits there over there name but wont let me enter into the text
    06-05-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD