Hey All!

Just Wondering is there any option that allows you to see that the other person who you sent the text to has actually read ur text message?? Just curious
    ty
    08-19-09 12:59 AM
    Nope. That is what BBM is for
    08-19-09 01:01 AM
    isnt BBM like a chat tho, simliar to AIM or MSN messenger
    08-19-09 01:03 AM
    Yes and no, yes because your contacts have to have a BB. It is the only way to get a delivery and read notification, besides yahoo or aim etc....
    08-19-09 01:04 AM
    I am in Canada and with my provider, as long as the other SMSmessanger is on the same carrier, I get a 'D' when delivered (really tiny one) and 'R' once read.... and yes this is on SMS
    08-19-09 01:06 AM
    yeah thats not what im looking for but thanks.

in regards to the whole chat thing, i just recently 6mos after having my curve, became aware of BEEJIVE and let me tell ya, what a difference compared to the basic aim omg im in love haha. i am soo happy i found something other than that basic boring aim !
    08-19-09 01:06 AM
    You can do it for emails but not text messages. Go to the messages folder, options menu, email settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 01:21 AM
    citrus, how do you do this? Nobody else with a BB can do this. We are all running the same BB OS's, that is why BBM is supposed to handle all text when 5.0 comes
    08-19-09 01:43 AM
    Mine also shows the "D" and "R" for SMS, as long as the recipient is also on Alltel. Its very intermittent though. Sometimes the D never becomes an R, even though they respond, and sometimes I don't get either symbol. Its frustrating, but it does work on SMS (somewhat)
    08-19-09 01:48 AM
    hmmmmm, I had alltel, verizon, Tmobile and sprint BB's. I have never seen this. If someone knows how this is done, let me know.
    08-19-09 01:50 AM
    hmmmmm, I had alltel, verizon, Tmobile and sprint BB's. I have never seen this. If someone knows how this is done, let me know.
    Not sure on the "How to." It just does it. This phone is the first one I ever had that did this, and I noticed it immediately, long before I started using BBM. I thought it was strange and unnecessary at first, but now I can't live without it. I love knowing when the recipient actually got my message.
    08-19-09 01:57 AM
    Many carriers have "retired" the "D".

For example, it no longer occurs in my area.
    08-19-09 06:16 AM
    I have VZN and I also get the "d" and "r". But only on those that are also VZN users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD