I just upgraded my work phone from an 8310 to a 9000 (on AT&T) and decided to give the 8310 to my wife, who is on T-Mobile. The phone is unlocked, so I just wiped it, put her SIM card in and rebooted.

The Phone works fine for sending a receiving calls - and it even shows her Text Messages (probably came over on the SIM) - but I can't get the thing to send or receive SMS. I logged into her account and pushed the Service Books down, checked for IT Policies (none), Firewall issues (none), etc - this is a freshly wiped phone.

I can't seem to find any other issues exactly like this. She does not have a full data account yet with T-Mobile, just the Messaging plan, but shouldn't it still work just like on her old phone?

I am planning on calling T-Mobile in the morning, though I do not know how much help they will be with a phone that they do not sell or support.

EDIT: I should add the it connects to the lower-case "edge" network, which should be capable of SMS from what I have read.

Any help appreciated.
    08-07-09 01:45 AM
    options>advanced options>host routing table>BB button>register now.
    08-07-09 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD