I recently received a BB8350i as a gift. To date I continue to explore and have enjoyed the utility of this phone.
    One troubling aspect is that when I compare the time stamps when a person - mostly family, in town on the same plan - sends a text and the time that I receive the text varies greatly (b/w 15min to longer) at times. To the best of my knowledge, variables such as signal, clock, etc. are fine.
    I am certain that this has been discussed elsewhere, and I apologize for what may be an old issue, but I have not been successful in locating. Any words of advice or links to assist me resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.
    Mods, et al thank you in advance for your patience and assistance regarding this matter. Great board with a wealth of information!

Carrier: Sprint Nextel
    App version: 4.6.1.83(142)

Best,
    Blackie
    08-27-09 07:57 PM
    I recently received a BB8350i as a gift. To date I continue to explore and have enjoyed the utility of this phone.
    One troubling aspect is that when I compare the time stamps when a person - mostly family, in town on the same plan - sends a text and the time that I receive the text varies greatly (b/w 15min to longer) at times. To the best of my knowledge, variables such as signal, clock, etc. are fine.
    I am certain that this has been discussed elsewhere, and I apologize for what may be an old issue, but I have not been successful in locating. Any words of advice or links to assist me resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.
    Mods, et al thank you in advance for your patience and assistance regarding this matter. Great board with a wealth of information!

Carrier: Sprint Nextel
    App version: 4.6.1.83(142)

Best,
    Blackie
    I noticed you have App version 4.6.1.83, that's the oldest bb software, you need to udate to 4.6.1.204. and that should help your texting issues.
    08-27-09 08:05 PM
    The current version does correct most issue experienced with texting. There have been issues reported that Casper is keeping a log of. Needed info is time, date, and location. However by updating to the current version you should not experience the delay issue.
    08-28-09 07:20 AM
    The current version does correct most issue experienced with texting. There have been issues reported that Casper is keeping a log of. Needed info is time, date, and location. However by updating to the current version you should not experience the delay issue.
    You'll find that updating will help. When we updated to the latest firmware (.204) shortly after that a 'push' was sent out that made it so the message you're replying to is no longer quoted in your reply.
    It's well worth this upgrade, and you'll find your GPS will have a faster requisition time too.

Follow the threads, there are tutorials on how to do it. Yes, sometimes there are problems, but there's a solution for most all of them.
    Welcome to the forums and to the 8350i.
    08-28-09 08:22 AM
    ya, update will fix a lot of those issues.
    08-28-09 06:45 PM
    My 8350i says: v4.6.2.283. If you guys have the latest, what do I have.

Mostly listening at this point
    08-28-09 11:50 PM
    Piloso, et al:

Thank you very much for the assist. Reading is fundamental! I easily upgraded my OS and that solved my issues.
    To other newbies, the Stickies at the top of the thread and the assistance of other board members here was/is fantastic. I was initially intimidated at the thought of tinkering with my new BB, but the whole process was extremely easy. So easy, that I completed the process before having the chance to fully consult the tutorial.
    Thanks again for the advice and welcome.

Best,
    Blackie
    08-29-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD