Hi,

I backed up my entire device to Blackberry Desktop Software thinking that all my contacts, my calendar events and tasks, my BBMs and my SMSs would all get backed up. This is for the Blackberry 9370.

Recently I needed to see some old messages which I know I had backed up with my last back date. So I decided to restore just my messages back to my phone. So I chose the option to do a SELECT restore so I could choose what to restore back.

The software did restore all my messages from a year ago (which is a pain as the messages I wanted to see were from about 2 months ago but apparently you can only restore all or none).

However, when I started to go through my messages, I realized a few things (1) The restore did NOT restore all my messages. (2) about 60% of the messages it did restore were COMPLETELY blank. All I see on the main page is the name of the person but when I go into the message it is BLANK. Yet I am able to see other messages from this SAME PERSON. Like I can see 2 messages person A sent me. But there were still another 20 messages that person A sent me during that same time period which are just BLANK. (3) Some of the messages came garbled as in I could see parts of the message but not the whole message - almost as if the message was truncated.

Is there anyone out here that can guide me to be able to RESTORE ALL my message INTACT and in a way that I can read it just like I would read it if it were still on my device? Also can anyone guide me as to HOW I can prevent the DEVICE from DELETING my messages on its own - I am sure there is a setting somewhere to save my messages FOREVER kind of thing?

Much appreciate ANY help on the above matters . . .

Much thanks!!!!!!
    08-29-13 12:22 PM
    Welcome to cb. Unfortunately this is a known issue with bbdm and large amount of SMS.

Or you could look for SMS backup on BB world

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-29-13 12:28 PM
    Really, what a bummer. How can something so fundemental not be working. Real bummer. Thanks for your response.
    08-29-13 02:21 PM